Chapter 52:

Ch. 52

~Peyton POV~

“Can I have your mom?” I asked David, as we laid on the couch.

He was sitting up normally on the couch, but I was lying down, using his lap as my pillow. I started playing with his fingers when he put his hand across my midsection. He looked down at me and ran the fingers of his other hand through my hair. “No. You can’t have her, but I guess I could share her.”

“I could settle for that.” I sighed. “She seems so much more understanding.”

“Babe.” He said and put his hand on my cheek, turning my head so I had to look at him. “Your mom will come around.”

“When?” I demanded. “Why does she have to even come around? Why couldn’t she just start off believing me?” I sighed and looked away from him. “I think that’s what gets me the most out of this whole situation. Not that Tim didn’t get anything for what he did. Not that the cops and whoever didn’t believe, but that my own mother doesn’t believe me. That’s the worst feeling of them all.”

“I know – “

“No you don’t know.” I interrupted. “Your mom believes you when you tell her things.”

“Okay…” He said. “So, I don’t exactly know. But she’ll come around. I know that she doesn’t want to lose you, so she’ll see the light one of these days.”

“What if I went and talked to her?” Linda popped around the corner, making me jump. I didn’t realize we had an audience. I thought she was off keeping busy like she normally does.

Linda came over and sat on the edge of the couch beside me. I looked at her and smiled. “That’s sweet, but no thank you. I don’t think it would help, and I don’t want to bother you.”

“It would be no trouble at all, honey. Oh! I know!” A smile grew on her face. “What if we invite just her over for dinner?”

“That would be great!” I exclaimed, but then frowned. “Except that it wouldn’t work. She wouldn’t want to come without Tim.”

“What if we told her it's an all-girl get together? Send out the boys for the night and it is just you, your mom, and me.”

I nodded. “That could work. Hopefully.”

“Then it’s settled.” Linda smirked. “We’ll set it for Friday.”

“Sounds good.” I said and just when she went to get up, I grabbed her wrist and stopped her. “Hold up.” I hopped up and wrapped my arms tightly around her. “Thank you so much.”

She softly laughed, hugging me back just as tightly. “You’re welcome. I’m not really sure what I’ve done, but it’s no problem, sweety.”

“I mean, you’ve let me stay here so much lately, and you don’t even seem like it bothers you. I’m just glad that I have here to run to. I know I could go to my other friends’ houses, but they both work and I’d be in the way and all, so…”

She smiled at me and put her hand on my arm. “It’s completely fine, sweety. You’re always welcome here. I’m just doing what a mom should do. I mean what more can I do? You’re just lucky I like ya.” She winked.

I laughed at that. “Thanks.”

“Sure thing.” With that, Linda walked out of the room.

I smiled as I took back up my place on the couch. This was perfect and I wish it was how my life was every day. I could get used to staying like this night after night with David here. Okay, I mean, if we were in like our own house, but still. Thinking about that made me think about how far we’ve come since we started dating which just made me start laughing. “What’s so funny?” David looked down at me, raising an eyebrow in the process.