Chapter o015 part Uno

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Sweetheart..." I leaned in and kissed my lips softly. "I'm sorry, I left you alone and I only meant to be gone for only a short time... But Mr. Beauchamp had called me my personal line-Which he never does so I thought it was something of importance... I'd never meant to leave you for long, my love."

I nodded my head and gave him a small smile, I wanted to pry more to why would the greasy bastard call him this late in the evening in the first place but I decided to let it go... For now.

The night carried on rather uneventful, we both just held one another then went back to sleep. But my mind wandered throughout the early morning hours, so I did more thinking than I did sleeping. This Jacques Beachamp character just did not settle well with me nor with my spirit, even that shit with that Arlo Villareal man had my head still questioning what the hell he was talking about.

"You don't know what or who you are dealing with..."

"Ask your boyfriend about 'Pandora's Box'..."

Has replayed in my mind over and over for the last few hours. The fact is... This romance with Reuben was indeed rushed, four months of us knowing one another and here I was engaged to this man. Thing was... I didn't know Reuben from a can of paint-I didn't know much about him nor his family-Come to think of it, I never fucking met them! He does not speak of anyone but his father and brother, but that's solely in a business sense. Let's face it, Reuben is involved with some shady ass characters... So this could just be a damned reflection of him.

Man, the fuck have I gotten myself into.

Ain't I been telling you this shit all along, girl?! You need to start listening to me. You make about as much of since as I do, so shut the hell up.

I sat on the edge of the bed, I had just freshened up in the bathroom and was now getting dressed for the day while Reuben did the same.

"What's on the agenda today, Babe?" I asked lazily, rubbing lotion on my legs and feet.

"The ball and silent auction is this evening; Samira is flying in this morning to dress you properly." I glance back at him.

"Reub-Baby, I can find a gown and dress myself just fine," I stood up, pulling my jeans up my legs and around my waist as I did so. "You don't need to fly Samira in every time."

"I pay her to do this, Maia-It's her job to be your stylist." His answer short and curt, once again with this attitude.

"Whatever, this is your world and I just live in it." My response reflected his, causing him to glance over at me then he returned to putting on his clothes.

"Do not do that, Maia-honey. I don't want the fussing and fighting this morning."

I just looked over at him then walked out the room. The fuck was going on with us, I think all this thinking I've been starting to is making me get some of my common sense back.

Hallelujah! About time, I was thinking I was going to have to quit your ass. Bitch.

I headed down the long hallway of the second part of the house when I heard a light knock on the front door downstairs. I picked up my pace so I could see who was there. Shit, I nosy and did not care.

"Bonjour, Monsieur," It was a man's voice from what I could hear. I tipped toed as I reach the reached the edge of the hallway, that was nearly adjacent to the descending grand staircase, to see a man, at the front door at the end of the foyer, in all black standing there. He had black gloves on and wore all leather.

Leather in the summertime in Louisiana? He's bold.

The butler, whom he was speaking to, greeted him back the same manner. The man stepped in and looked from left to right, as if he was making sure that no one was around, then handed him a small red envelope and in a low tone stated, "this is for the Master."