Chapter 6

Friday quickly approached. Hannah did have the day off but she decided to take my shift. I have an amazing best friend. "You didn't have to take my shift." I told Hannah as I curled my icy blonde hair. "If it means going on a lunch date with Luke, I'll take it." Hannah responded. I was currently on speaker phone with her.

"But it was your day off. You could've spent time with Noelle." I said. "Yeah I know but I need to work because kids are expensive. Besides, Derek is watching her." Derek was Hannah's husband.

"That is true. Thanks again. I owe you." I told her. "No problem. I call you tonight. Tell me how it goes!" Hannah chirped. I smiled before saying goodbye and I hung up. Luke and I were meeting up at Cracker Barrell. I remember that being his favorite place to eat as he told me that in college. I was wearing a pink ombre dress with a brown belt around my waist with a short jean jacket and a pair of white converses to go along with it. Once I was ready, I made sure I had my phone and purse before locking up my apartment and heading to Cracker Barrell.

---

"There you are!" I walked into Cracker Barrell to be greeted by Luke. He pulled me in for a hug. He kissed the top of my head before pulling away. "You look beautiful." Luke grinned, making me blush. "You look handsome." I replied.

"Table for two?" A waitress asked walking up to us with menus and eating silverware in hand. "Yes, ma'am." Luke answered. We followed the waitress into the eating section of Cracker Barrell and she placed us in a booth by the window.

"Here are your menus. I'm Kelsey. I will be your waitress today. Do you know what you want to start off with a drink?" She introduced herself.

"You can go first." Luke said.

"I have a small Sprite, please." I smiled. "Alrighty, and for the gentleman?" She asked writing down my order.

"I have a medium Coke." Luke answered. "I will be back momentarily with your drinks." She smiled before walking away. We then opened our menus.

"So, how have you been?" Luke asked.

"Pretty good. Living my dream job. Even though my parents want me to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I told them it takes time." I answered with a laugh. Luke laughed along with me.

"Yeah, my mama always pressured me to find the love of my life as well." Luke said. I smiled. "How's your family? Chris? Kelly?" I asked. By the look on his face, I shouldn't have asked that. Luke looked down at the table.

"I'm sorry, I change the subject." I said. "No, it's okay. You don't know. Chris died in a car accident a while back and Kelly soon passed right before I got my big break. Lee is trying his best to care for all three of Kelly and his' children." Luke explained. I frowned.

I grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry." Was all I could say. I did have a twin brother who passed but it wasn't the same. I never met my twin. Luke grew up with Chris AND Kelly. Now he has no siblings left.

"It's okay, darling." Luke responded, blinking away the tears that were gonna fall. "You didn't know. Now you do." Luke added.

Soon enough, Kelsey came back with our drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" She asked with a bright smile. "I am. Are you?" I asked Luke. Luke nodded.

"I will have the Chicken N' dumplins Platter please." I ordered, closing my menu. Kelsey wrote that down before turning to Luke. "And I will have the country fried Stake please." Luke said after handing her his menu. I then handed her my menu.

"I will be back shortly with yall's food." She said before walking away.

------

We were talking while enjoying our food. Today was the best. Sadly, good things always have to come to an end. We walked out into the parking lot. Luke followed me over to my car. "I had fun catching up." I told Luke while unlocking the door. "It was great." Luke grinned, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"When do you think we will see each other again?" I asked. Luke shrugged. "I'm going to California in a few days for another concert. Kill The Lights Tour ends in a few weeks and my new tour, Hunting Fishing Lovin everyday starts in May so we will see each other soon." Luke answered. I nodded. Luke took his hands out of his pockets and pulled me in for a hug. This man loves giving hugs. Not that I mind. I love his hugs.

"I see you later." Luke said. I said goodbye as I got in my car. I watched as he got in his truck before leaving. I was about to leave when my phone buzzed.

What are you doing with that country dude? You are mine, and you always will be

My heart dropped. I knew who it was.

Hunter.

So they had a nice lunch together but Hunter texted Lilly...... Let me know what you think down in the comments! I hope you enjoyed!