Chapter 3

I sat in my car as I stared ahead. I was parked and everyone was heading to the stadium. Do I really wanna do this? I checked my phone and it was seven thirty. I sighed before hopping out of my car. He said to go around back. I started walking to see where I was going. Everyone else was going in one direction and there were two long lines of people waiting so maybe I was close to the back. "What are you doing back here?" Someone asked from behind as I made my way around. I turned around to see Michael Carter, Luke's best friend from college standing there. HIs eyes widen as he recongnized me.

"Lilly... So you're the girl Luke told me to keep an eye out for." Michael spoke. I smiled a little and nodded.

"Well come on in." Michael said. I followed him in the back of the stadium. "Long time no see. How did you run into Luke?" Mike asked.

"I so happened to be his nurse when he came into the emergency room." I answered. Mike grinned. "I see you followed your dreams." Mike said. Mike then led me to Luke's dressing room.

"It was nice to see you again after ten years." Mike said, giving me a side hug before knocking on his dressing room door and walking away. I smiled as I watched him walk away. Mike was more of a brother to me back in college. Still is I can say. The dressing room door opening sent me out of my thoughts and I turned to the door. Luke stood there with that billion dollar smile. "Lilly, I'm so glad you decided to come!" Luke said, pulling me into a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. I always loved his hugs. We then pulled away and he led me inside his dressing room.

Luke stood at the mirror trying to fix his hair while having one arm in a sling. "Need help?" I asked, an amused smile appearing on my face. "Please." Luke answered. I got up from the couch and walked over. He handed me the hair gel and the comb. I stood in front of him while standing on my tippy toes to try and reach his hair. "Need me to bend down?" Luke asked with a laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"Same old Luke, picking on my height." I replied while styling his hair. Luke grinned. "You know I'm messing." Luke said. I nodded and smiled. "Finished." I said before placing the comb and hair gel on the counter. Luke looked at himself in the mirror. "You need to do my hair more often. I love it." Luke said.

"I do my best." I replied with a shrug. "Are you going to be my nurse for the surgery tomorrow?" Luke asked, completely changing the subject. "Probably not. I work later in the evening." I told him. He nodded.

"Luke, you're on in five, bud." Mike said, peaking his head in the door. "Follow me. I know where you can enjoy the show." Luke grabbed my hand and took me out of the dressing room. He showed me the side of the stage. The fans couldn't see me but I could see Luke and some fans who were front row.

"I see you after." Luke said before grabbing the mic and running onstage. I smiled as he performed.

--------

"Thank ya'll for coming out! I love each and everyone of you! Be safe driving home!" Luke said, closing out the show before coming backstage. "What did you think?" Luke asked, walking over to me. "You are an amazing performer. It was nice to be on the side of the stage at a concert." I answered with a smile. Luke grinned.

"I can't believe we got to see each other again. College was some fun times." Luke said as I walked back with him. "It was our fate, I guess." I shrugged.

I looked him up and down, getting a closer look. He hasn't changed one bit. He got better looking with age I got to admit.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." Luke spoke with a laugh making me blush and snapped me out of my thoughts. "Just kidding, darling." Luke said, slinging his uninjured arm around my shoulder. I smiled. A yawn soon escaped my lips.

"It's late and I have to get home. It was nice hanging with you." I told Luke. "I had alot of fun tonight and also today. Even though I am still in some pain from the broken arm." Luke said. "Better rest. Tomorrow is surgery. Take medicine if you're in pain." I reminded him.

"Okay, mom." Luke said in a mocking tone. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Sorry, I'm a nurse. Get used to it." I told him.

"So i guess this is goodbye?" Luke asked as we walked to the backdoor of the arena. "I believe it is." I said with a frown.

Luke gave a sad smile before hugging me. We stayed in that hug for a good amount of minutes. When we pulled back, his brown eyes were really shiny. Like he wanted to cry or something? "I come visit you before and after the surgery if that's okay." I told him.

"Yeah, that sounds good. You will get to see my mama again."

LeClaire was the sweetest woman. I would go with Luke all the time in college to visit her. She treated me like I was a part of the family.

"That's nice. I can't wait to see again." I smiled.

Before I left, I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Luke on the cheek.

So Lilly went to the concert! Her and Luke bonded again and she also saw Michael Carter, another old friend! What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Let me know down in the comments. I hoped you all enjoyed!