Friends

You and your family had just moved out to Atlanta, Georgia for your father's job promotion a week ago. You are an only child which is even tougher because you don't have anyone to walk to school with or get used to the move with.

Today is you first day of school. You beg your mother to let you stay home for another week but your mom thinks it would be best to start today before you miss anymore educational information.

You get to school and check into the office. After that you head to your 1st period which is math. You sit quietly in you seat while everyone around you chat to each other. You lean back into your and watch yourself twiddle with your thumbs.

You notice the guy in front of you turn around. You look up at him and he smiles.

"You new here?" He asks.

"Yah" you answer.

"I'm Sam" He says.

"I'm (Y/N)" You respond.

You and Sam talk until the teacher shows up to start class. Just before the teacher begins to speak Sam whispers to you.

"Come hang out with my buddies and I at lunch if you need some friends" He offers. You nod with a smile.

**at lunch**

You take out the lunch that your mother made you and sit at an empty table. You find a note inside your bag. "Hope your day is going well! Love you sweetheart" It reads. It makes you smile.

"(Y/N)!" You hear someone call. You look towards where the noise came from and see Sam waving his hand for you to come over to him and his friends. You grab your bag and head to their table. You sit at the edge, next to another boy while Sam sits in front of you.

"Hey" You say.

"Hey" Sam says. "This is by Bestie, Chandler!" He gestures towards the boy you're sitting next to.

Chandler shakes his head with a scared look. "He's holding me captive!"

"No I'm not! Just because I lock you in a room that's in my basement and leave you there every night doesn't mean you're held captive!" Sam laughs.

You giggle at the both of them.

"I'm gonna go buy a juice box!" Sam says with a sad face.

"You go do that" Chandler says with a baby voice. You just laugh and smile at him.

"So where you from?" Chandler asks.

"(Random state other than Georgia)." You answer.

"Oh cool" He responds. You smile a little.

You start to feel a tickle in your stomach when he talks. You think you
may be falling in love with him.

"It must be tuff moving away from all your friends" Chandler says.

"Well I made two new friends today: You and Sam. So I'm sure I'll do fine" You respond.

"Well, I was hoping we could be more than just friends" Chandler smirks.

"Really?" you smile.

"Yah....Would you like to go to the movies some time to get to know each other better" He smiles back.

"I'd love you" You blush.

Sam comes back with his juice box and you and Chandler laugh. "I didn't think you were serious!" Chandler chuckles.

"I'm thirsty, Bro" Sam says.

You all just laugh and chat for the rest of lunch before being walked to class by Chandler.