Part 1

This is the prequel to Pomegranate

The apartment was filled with the smell of biscuits and sausage.

"Frisk! Breakfast is ready!" A goat man called.

There was hurried footsteps, and then a sixteen year old girl entered the kitchen.

Frisk Dreemurr was a human with hazel eyes and short brown hair. "Morning Dad." She said, pecking Asgore on the cheek.

"Howdy Frisk. Today the day?"

"Yep." Frisk said, munching on the bowl of sausage that her father handed her.

Today was her English class's trip to the Ebott Museum, in order to study the new mythology exhibit.

"Be careful." Asgore said as she hurried out the door. Frisk nodded, waving bye.

-_-

"I was worried you were going to be late, Miss Dreemurr." Professor Papyrus said when Frisk hurried to the bus.

"No sir. I'm too excited about this trip."

"Good girl."

Frisk hopped onto the bus, looking around. Her eyes settled on red hair and red eyes. "Chara!"

The girl pulled her earbud out. "Frisk, hey." She said as Frisk sat down.

Honestly, Frisk and Chara were so different people wondered how they could be friends.

Frisk Dreemurr had a parent. She made good grades and was so spunky and cheerful you had to like her. She constantly wore different colored sweaters and loved peace. There was no marks on her record.

Chara Serial, on the other hand, lived in the local orphanage. She got bad grades and got detention so many times people wondered why she hadn't been kicked out yet. She always wore a green and yellow sweater and got in constant fights. She was a hothead, no doubt about it.

But both were determined and loyal to each other. Frisk tutored Chara, while Chara beat up the people who made fun of Frisk.

-_-

"The ancient people centered their lives around balance." Papyrus said. The crowd of students followed the professor as he led them to two statues.

"The most famous myth was the First Reaping. Sans, God of Death, killed Toriel's mortal daughter. Now, can anybody tell me what Toriel presided over?"

Frisk raised her hand. "Life, sir?"

"Correct. In grief and anger at her husband creation, Toriel left the king of the gods." Papyrus said.

There was a tap on Frisk's shoulder. She turned to see Bonnie, one of the chaperones. "May I speak to you?"

"Sure." Frisk said.

The rabbit woman led Frisk away from the students.

-_-

The door locked behind them.

"Miss Bonnie?" Frisk called. The rabbit woman had disappeared. "Hello?"

"Mercy!"

At the sudden shriek, Frisk turned to see Bonnie. But the rabbit woman looked like a zombie. Her bones were exposed, flesh dropping off.

"Mercy!" The zombie screeched, running towards Frisk. The teenager screamed...

Then the doors slammed open. Chara and Papyrus ran in. Bonnie turned at the commotion. "You! Strife!"

"Yep." Chara said. Her grin was wide as she pulled a dagger out. "And you made one hell of a mistake coming here!"

Chara ran, the zombie running as well. One flash of silver, and Bonnie was headless.

"A zombie. I should've known." Papyrus said. Frisk stared at the scene, her face pale.