|01| new places, new idiots ✔

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," I state before crossing my arms over my chest.

His eyes follow my movements before they lock with my own once again. "Ah, okay. Well you seemed to be having trouble getting into your apartment. I would have been able to help but. . ." he trails off purposely before turning around teasingly.

Huffing out in annoyance, I decide that my pride will have to take a time-out in this situation. "Fine, I need help getting in," I murmur, avoiding his eyes as he turns back towards me.

"What was that?" He smirks, taking a step forwards.

I roll my eyes and frown at the arrogant man. "I said I need help getting in, but it seems as though I'm not the only one needing help here," I snap at him, my eyes raking over him with annoyance.

"Well why didn't you just say so?" He winks at me before strolling around me to get to my door.

Opening it with ease, I refuse to thank him but nevertheless, send him a slight nod before walking into the small apartment. Stealing one more glance at him, he smiles at me before I shut the door.

× × ×

"I just need to know the location, Phelix," I raise my voice at the man I'm communicating with on the phone. Groaning in frustration, I run one of my hands swiftly through my hair.

"I understand that, Ava, but you would think a well known gang leader would know how to conceal his location pretty well. I'm not getting any leads─"

"Well try harder. I didn't come to Los Angeles to sit around and sip on coffee. I need to get this started as soon as possible and I can't if I don't know the gang's wherabouts," I state, my voice gradually getting softer.

"I'll do the best I can, okay─"

"Hey Ava!" Phelix is cut off by my female assistant, Kayla, causing a small smile to appear on my face.

"Hey, Kayla. I'll be leaving now. Help Phelix with the locations of the men, okay?" I state in a questioning manner. She agrees with a small 'okay,' before we end the call.

Staring longingly out of the street view window from the local café I'm settled in, my eyes are ripped away from the scene as a waitress approaches me.

"Is there anything else you would like, Miss?" the blonde questions me, her bubbly personality instantly drawing me in and causing me to smile at her.

Her notepad is placed in one of her hands as the other one holds a pen, ready to write down whatever she may need to. Her black apron hangs around her waist and her blonde hair is pinned up into a messy bun looking effortlessly beautiful.

"No, that'll be all," I reply, returning her smile.

She somehow reminded me of Dana as much as I hated to admit it.

"Okay, well have a nice day!" She sends me a big, toothy grin before turning around and strolling back behind the bar to the café.

The café itself was small but it seemed very popular around the downtown area. Kids from all ages as well as adults are either crowded around the outside or are sitting on the inside, reading and sipping on their own personal drinks.

Suddenly feeling less buoyant, I frown. . . I'm sure Dana would have loved to be in Los Angeles with me.

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow