XVI : Scout

Present ( 1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

                          I awoke to an empty bed, fear overtook me as I realized Dallas wasn't cuddled up to me like every morning.

I rushed downstairs in the quiet house, the only thing I heard was the soft tune from the radio and sizzling. When I turned the corner into the kitchen my eyes were met with Dally's.

"Morning doll." He smiled as he flipped a pancake.

I let out a breath, "What am I gonna do with you, you're gonna drive me crazy one of these days." I moved across the linoleum floor to the brunette greaser.

"Admit it, you're crazy about me." He smirked and I grinned up at him.

"I ain't gonna lie about it." I shrugged happily.

"Johnny went over to the Curtis's, so I told them to eat there and we could have the morning to just us." Dally went on as he flipped the pancake onto the plate.

"Awe, big bad Winston made me breakfast." I teased him and he rolled his eyes.

"And in his pj's, I bet all of the girls in town would die to see Mr. Dallas Winston in only his boxers." I laughed as he made two plates.

"Well ain't you a lucky one." He told me sarcastically.

"The luckiest, in fact." I pecked his cheek before getting myself a glass of chocolate milk.

"You want some chocolate milk, babe?" I asked as Dallas sat two plates down at the table.

"Nah, I'll just take your's if I get thirsty." He smirked and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

I made me way to the table, quickly being pulled into Dally's lap.

"We have the whole goddamn table to ourselves and we only use one chair?" I laugh as I wrap an arm around his neck.

"It's one of the only times I can have you in my arms without hearin' Two-Bit holler at us." Dally says as he shovels some food into his mouth.

"Sides after we could totally have sex on the table and none of the guys would know." He added and I choked on my pancake.

"Dallas Tucker Winston!" I laughed out.

"Daisy Anne Parker!" He mimicked me.

"So, do you ever think you'd change your name again?" Dally asked me nonchalantly.

"If he ever finds me again then maybe." I shrugged as I ate.

"What about your last name?" He continued to question me.

"What would i change it to?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. "Are you askin' me if I'd ever take your last name?" I tease him.