XV : Rumble

Present (1965); Tulsa Daisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

It was finally Saturday, I was too nervous to do anything. I woke up and accidentally put my shorts on backwards. The rumble scares me stiff. Get it together! I thought to myself.

I let out a shaky breath and fixed my shorts. Dally was in the shower while I slid an Indians shirt on. I walked into the bathroom and began to brush my teeth.

"You okay Doll?" Dally asked as his head popped out behind the curtain.

"Not really." I told him and spit the toothpaste out into the sink.

Dallas finished showering as I put on some mascara. He pulled me into a hug after he wrapped a towel around his waist.

"Dal you're still wet." I laughed, my nerves calming slightly.

"I now you're wet." He smirks down at me and I let out another laugh.

"You wish." I teased at him and he laughs.

"Seriously, you need to calm down baby. We'll be okay." He looked me in the eyes once before pecking my cheek.

I exited the bathroom to the same ruckus I heard every morning. I hopped down the stairs to see Johnny and Pony talking about a movie. Steve and Soda arm wrestling, Darry reading, and Two-Bit chugging down a beer. It was like that every morning, I loved it. I love having the gang.

I served up breakfast and the gang continued to make noise. Dally had joined us after getting ready, he was the only one to notice how nervous I was. When he sat down he pecked my cheek before digging into his food.

"So who are the Indians playing tonight?" Two asked, bringing me out of my nervous thoughts.

"Fucking Yankees." I rolled my eyes.

"Be easy on New York." Dally nudged me playfully.

I rolled my eyes once again and started shoveling more food into my mouth. "Yankees suck." I grumbled, the guys laughed at me.

"So what're we gonna do today?" Steve asks around the gang.

"I was gonna see if Harper wanted to do somethin'." Ponyboy shrugged.

"Why don't you bring her over for the game? It's 10, and y'all can hangout just you two then come around at noon when the game starts." I suggest and he looked iffy on it.

"She's a soc, though." He sighed and I frowned slightly.

"Is she nice?" I ask him and he nods.

"Then she's welcomed here. I'll keep these dumbasses in check." I smile, putting my plate in the sink.

Johnny and Pony laughed while three of the greasers whined at me.

"We ain't that bad, Daisy!" Steve complained, Soda and Two agreeing with them.