XIII : Promise

Present (1965); Tulsa Daisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

                  Dally, Johnny, and I walked into the Curtis house. The whole gang was here already here. It was chaotic like usual, like home. "Soda ain't out of the shower yet?" I asked Steve and he nodded as he stuffed cake into his face.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully and he decided to call Darry "all brawn and no brains." Boy, was he surprised when his cake was smashed into his face and thrown to the ground.

I stifled a laugh as Soda walked out in a towel like usual. Dally covered my eyes, I turned around and placed my lips on his. Dally's hands went down to my ass and Two-Bit started hollering at us. I ignored him momentarily before I felt a towel snapped at my leg. I hopped away and saw Two-Bit with a reckless grin and a dish towel in his hands.

I tackled him and sat on his stomach. "I'll mess your hair up." I threatened and Mickey came up on the TV.

"No! Don't!" His eyes widened and I laughed.

"Get off of him Daisy, you're gonna be late." Darry lectured me and I hopped up.

"Lets go boys!" I yelled at Soda and Steve.

"Goodbye baby, I'll see ya after work." I smile up at Dallas.

He kissed me quickly, "I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"Dally loves Daisy!" Two yelled and Dallas slapped the back of his head.

"I love you too." I smiled, pecking Dally's cheek before being pulled to the truck.

We all left for work, Steve and Soda worked on a truck while I mopped the DX. I watched Soda pull Sandy into the back room and I looked away, turning the radio up. I was not in the mood to listen to them get it on.

Work was casual, Soda wasn't himself though. I could tell he was faking a smile.

"Soda, can you come here?" I asked and he nodded.

We walked into the back room and he broke down. "Daisy, you know how much I loved Sandy, right?" He asked as his eyes glassed over.

I nodded and he fell into my arms, "She cheated." He sobbed and I choked up.

"I was gonna marry her, Dais." He cried out and I rubbed his back.

"Sode, I know it hurts. I really do, but maybe this happened for a reason. Maybe she just wasn't the one for you." I explained as he cried on my shoulder.

"She's knocked up, I even offered to raise it like my own." He clung to me.

I wanted to cry for him, this wasn't fair. Sodapop Curtis didn't deserve this.

"She's goin' to Florida." He calmed himself down more.

"Look at me Soda, you're gonna find the right girl. She's out there, I promise." I hugged him and he got himself together.