V : Lies & Fires

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

I pulled up to the Curtis house, Darry ran out and was slightly disappointed. "Came to pick up Steve and Soda." I frown from inside my truck.

"I hit him, I'm the worst brother." Darry sighed resting his arms on my truck door.

"No you're not. Don't ever say that. You and Pony are polar opposites Darry, you're gonna have fallouts. You didn't mean to do it, I know you didn't." I lecture the twenty year old.

"I saw that Johnny killed that Soc in the paper. Pony was with him, Daisy." Tears welled up in Darry's eyes. I was a little shocked to see the big guy start crying.

I hopped out of the truck and hugged Darry. "It'll be okay. They'll be okay." I consoled him.

Soda and Steve quietly got into the truck while I helped Darry. "I gotta go, but get yourself together. I'll be back to cook dinner." I tell him and pat his back.

I climbed back into my truck and the guys instantly noticed that my radio wasn't on. "You know where they are, don't you?" Soda asked me.

"Dally said they're heading to Texas." Steve added.

"I don't know," I say and drum my fingers on the wheel.

The boys dropped the subject as we arrived to work. We all had our usual work outfits on, Soda always wore a white shirt under his work shirt, Steve's shirt was unbuttoned, and I wore a tanktop or sports bra under mine. Which mine was unbuttoned like Steve's.

"Hey, how can I help ya?" I ask as I wipe the counter off.

"I got pulled to the station." It was Dallas.

"You weren't even involved." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I know, but the boys down there always call me in on crimes." Dallas had a smirk on his face as he racked his eyes over my bare stomach.

I rolled my eyes and got the mop out. "You gonna buy anything?" I ask him and he nods.

He placed two packs of cigarettes on the counter and I rung him up. "You think they got there safe?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, they're smart kids." He replied in an equally hushed tone.

I heard Two-Bit conjuring up a plan to go rescue the two missing members from Texas in the garage.

"Once everything cools down I'm gonna go get the two." Dal tells me.

"I'll come with." I say and Dallas laughs.

"No you're not." He orders and I look up from the register.

"Yes I am." I bite back.

"Daisy. No you're not." He attempts to order me.