XI : L O V E

Present (1965); TulsaDaisy Parker:

Daisy Parker:

I awoke to a loud bang come from downstairs, Dallas wasn't in bed either. What the hell is that boy doing? I asked myself.

I got up quickly, tying my hair in a ponytail as a walked down the stairs. "Hey doll!" Dally grinned at me.

The whole gang was in the kitchen, even Darry. They were all laughing, but Darry had that 'oh dear lord' look on his face.

I raised an eyebrow, Johnny and Dal tried to make pancakes. There was on stuck on the ceiling, batter all over both of them, and Two-Bit was laughing hysterically.

I looked at the both of them, genuinely happy smiles sat on their lips.

"Go wash up and then when you come back you can clean the kitchen." I tell them and Johnny beats Dally up the stairs.

"Looks like you get to take the pancake of my ceiling first." I smile at Dal, pecking his lips once before going to check the batter.

"Has Dally over here even officially asked ya to be his girl?" Two-Bit asked me.

"I did last night! It's not like I had too, everyone already knew she's my girl." Dallas answered for me, dragging a chair over to where the pancake was stuck.

I smiled and put some batter on the pan, it was Saturday and the whole gang was free. Dal worked on the ceiling pancake while I made actual pancakes. By the time I had made two for each person Johnny had just gotten out of the shower. "Since I cleaned the mess up you can do dishes." Dally smirked at Johnny before running upstairs.

Johnny groaned and moved the chair back to the table. I set a plate in front of each of the guys, two pancakes on them. Each of the greasers liked their pancakes differently, so I sat out the grape jelly, butter, and syrup.

"Can I have the peanut butter?" Two-Bit asked and I nodded, tossing him the jar.

I ate my pancakes and realized all I was wearing was Dally's shirt and a pair of panties, I was surprised I didn't get any comments on it. The shirt fit like a short dress, so maybe they didn't notice. Dallas walked down the stairs, setting a black shirt on the counter. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and that was about it. His hair was still slightly damp, and he looked hot. I just continued to eat my pancakes.

"You took the shirt I was gonna wear today." Dal informs me and I shrug, Two-Bit finally realized I was only in Dally's shirt.

He started laughing to himself, I just rolled my eyes and put my plate in the sink. I pecked Dally's cheek and went upstairs. I walked into the closet and I pulled out a black tank top that looked like the white one Darry always sported. I also grabbed light blue short shorts that were a little high waisted. I threw those on and brushed out my hair. When I went to the bathroom I noticed Dally's dog tags sitting on the sink, I brushed my teeth and put some mascara on. I grabbed the necklace and walked downstairs, all of the guys were in the living room. Steve and Soda were wrestling, Two-Bit had his eyes glued to Mickey Mouse, Darry had my newspaper and was sitting on the chair. Johnny and Pony were on the couch talking about some movie they wanna see and Dal was in the kitchen.