Chapter Thirty Seven

( I've just realised I'm mixing this up at a bit so I hope you are getting the gist of this story.  In this bit Aria has moved away now to Iceland and Emily, Hanna and Spencer have now drifted apart since Alison's disappearance but they will get back to how they used to be.  I just wanted to clear a few things up after me re-reading a few chapters to get back into the story again. Once again sorry about that guys. Also Lolly will confuse you guys in this chapter as she goes to cheerleader try outs which is not like her at all but with her years of dance training she decides to take a try at cheerleading)

After that awkward breakfast mom drops me and Spencer outside the school gates. I watch as Spencer smiles or gives a slight nod at Emily and Hanna who do the same back but, it just isn't the same they were all so inseparable and what held them together is now gone......Alison.
I decide to sit on the wall and dig out one of my many work books and brush up on it. I watch as Emily and this new girl that I had never seen before only until I get a closer look at the girl I see it is Aria and boy she looks so different and so much better without that pink streak in her hair like she used to have. Emily and Aria walk up the steps and we share a small smile and then they are gone.
~A few days later~
It started out like any other day only it would change and shake the core of this small town. My day started out like any other day I got up and got ready for school and mom took me and Spencer to school. I went to my classes as normal and everything seemed fine. Lunch soon came around, I joined the masses in the lunch queue. I picked l up a tray and walked along the line picking a salad, water, apple and a banana. Once I had chosen I walked round  the cafeteria seeing if there was anywhere to sit, my eyes met Mona's only to look away I finally found a seat on a table where Lucas sat alone. I smiled at him and took a seat.
I saw Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna whispering only to stop when a small brunette walked over and stood at the girls table. Emily clearly knew this girl and so did I. I start to think where I know her from and then it hits me she's the girl who lives in Alison's house.
I slowly eat my way through my lunch when Lucas says " it didn't take long for the girls to find another queen bee to fill Alison's place" Lucas says gesturing to Maya who was sitting where Alison would have sat a year ago.
" I don't think that's quite true Lucas , Maya is just Emily's friend who happens to be sitting in Ali's seat and that's all" I say glancing back at the girls laughing and joking.
" if you say so" Lucas says before picking up his tray and walking away.
I shake my head and just continue to eat my lunch in peace, Mona wonders over to me " made a new friend have we?" I frown " who?" Mona sighs" Herme" I shake my head " No, he just started speaking to me that's all" I say defending myself.
" whatever" Mona says flicking her hair. And walking away and I just sit there confused for a minute or two but then I guess Mona is doing that so it isn't obvious and that's the only thing I can think of so I stick with it.
Once lunch is over I ahead to my next lesson which is English. I am sitting in Science watching and waiting for the bell to ring, I tap my pen on my bench creating a nice rhythm going.
Ding
There it is the bell and finally I am free. I jump out of my seat and start packing away my books and things into my bag.
I then head into the girls locker room and change into a pair of Nike shorts  and a rosewood t shirt. I then make my way to the gymnasium where the tryouts are being held. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello" I said nervously.

"Lolly, it's me " Mom said desperately.

"Fine, what do you want?" I said bluntly.

"I was wondering if you wanted to maybe have some lunch just you and me?" Mom said brightly.

"I don't know... "I  hesitated seeing it wasn't normal for mom to ask me out for lunch with out the whole family.

"I was thinking we could go to the café right by your school "I  walked through to the gym seeing crowds of people sitting on the benches waiting for try outs in their sweats and trainers.