Chapter Eighteen

Veronica left the hospital and pulled into her usual parking spot at the back of the house, turning off the ignition she sat still in the car and took a deep breath " okay you can do this" she said to herself not really believing it.
Veronica took one last deep breath before she got out go the car grabbing her bag and work bag before she locked the car and walked up towards the back door and opened it.
Veronica dumped her bags on the work surface "Hey sweetheart" Peter said walking over to his wife.
"Hi, I'm so glad to see you" Veronica threw herself at Peter and hugged him tight.
" hey it's okay, everything is going to be okay" Peter said trying to sooth his wife the best he could.
" I don't know if I can do this Pete" Veronica sobbed
" hey we are going to get through this as a family" Peter said hugging his wife tight.
Peter pulled away from Veronica " look at me" he said gently placing his hands either side of her face so she would look at him " we will get through this together and lolly will be okay" Peter said and Veronica nodded.
" okay" she said weakly.
" sit down, I will get you a glass of wine and we can talk about this before we mention any of this to the girls" Veronica wiped her face, nodded and did as she was told.
Peter got a wine glass placed it on the side and walked over to the fridge and poured a rather large helping of wine and walked over to Veronica and handed her the glass and she took a rather large sip, Peter sat down next to his wife.
" so....what are we going to do?" He whispered.
"I don't know....Peter I really Don't but if you saw her today you would see what the doctors are talking about" Veronica said taking another sip of wine.
"I think.....it might be the best option" Peter said shrugging.
" how can you decide straight away without hesitating?" Veronica was shocked.
" oh come on Veronica I didn't mean it like that I just think it might be the best place for her as she clearly isn't getting any better where she is that's all"
Spencer was already home when her father arrived home from work but he didn't know she was already home too. Spencer heard her mother come home could hear her parents talking down stairs but whatever it was they weren't happy so, she got up off the bed and opened her door hearing her parents hushed voices down stairs she tip toed towards the stairs and sat down on the top step very quietly.
"I think we should tell the girls, they have a say after all it is their sister" Peter said.
" I agree" Veronica nodded.
"Spencer couldn't wait any longer she got up off the steps and marched down them " so what have you got to tell me and Melissa?" Veronica choked on her wine.
" have you been home all this time?" Peter snapped.
" well yeah it is my home too you know, you should have looked round the house before you discuss anything to do with lolly that you don't want me to hear"
" Spencer please sit down" Spencer sat down opposite her parents with her hands underneath her.
" so what is so important you want to keep to yourselves as always" Veronica sighed
" Spencer can you be quiet for one second because this is not easy for us"
" okay I'm sorry" Spencer said gave a weak smile.
" look the hospital are considering well actually they sending Lolly to Radley but not with out our say so they feel that she will better there and she will get the help she really needs" Veronica said tenderly.
Spencer was silent she couldn't believe what she just heard and the word Radley was swimming round her brain.
" so what your saying is lolly is crazy and you want to send her away like she doesn't exist and so she doesn't embarrass you or dad or your reputations I get it" Spencer said jumping out of her seat full with rage.
" Spencer that is not it at all and don't you dare raise your voice to us ever you hear me?" Peter said raising his voice.
" we are sending lolly there so she can get better help and get the right help so that she can finally come back home where she belongs" Spencer paced back wards and forwards.
" okay I guess it's okay...I will get to see lolly when I want to right?" They both nodded " of course you can spence and I know she would love that"
" okay so it's settled Lolly is going to Radley"
" is someone going to tell Melissa?, I think she has a right to know" Spencer asked quietly.
" yes we will be telling Melissa don't worry" Veronica said softly.
" I'm going up to my room I have a lit test due in a couple days" they both nodded. Spencer headed back up stairs.
"I'm so proud of you Veronica I love you" Peter said placing his arm round his wife and pulling her into him.
" I love you too" Veronica nuzzled closer to Peter and rested her head on his chest and put her hand on his chest and together they just laid like that in a comfortable silence.

( I hope you all have a had a awesome Christmas. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while guys and I'm sorry this chapter is pretty naff but I just needed a fill in chapter for now. I hope you are still liking the story)