Chapter Ten

We arrive at the apple rose grill where we wait to be seated, I look round at the couples, friends and family laughing or in deep conversation wishing that could be us but of course no we always play who can top whatever everyone else is saying and of course I am always first out but to be honest I don't care I hate that game I would just wish we would be like other families who just chat and laugh over things that have happened to or in the past but us Hastings oh no we could never do that.
I am brought back to the present when Spencer places her hand on my back and shoves me forward " Earth to lolly" she says pushing me " can you stop pushing me?" I snap at her " well you weren't moving you were gasping at other people who are trying to eat who don't want you drooling over them" she says shoving past me " oh you clearly couldn't see me standing there" I say sarcastically.
" for goodness sake girls pack it in, we are here to celebrate your sisters good news not fight" dad says shaking his head
" I don't know that's happened today with you two but pack it in right now" mom says quietly in her stern lawyer voice.
" she started it" I say glaring at Spencer.
" oh grow up lolly" I glare at Spencer .
" can we please just have a nice family meal for once?" Melissa sighs as we are taking our seats round the table.
Great I am seated across from Spencer and I have mom one side of me and Ian the other side.i take my seat and sit quietly looking down at my hands for a second before I look up and pick up a menu and start looking through the options.
Melissa and mom chat among them selves with Spencer joining in occasionally whilst dad talks loudly across the table to Ian about something but I am not really listening to be honest I just sit quietly.
The waitress comes over a few seconds later to take our drink order mom and Melissa order a red wine, dad and Ian order a beer, Spencer orders ice tea  and I order a water because there can't be any calories or hardly any calories in water.
The waitress disappears to get the drinks but soon comes back seconds later with our drink orders and takes our food orders. Once we ordered our food my lovely family decide to play that god awful game.
I sit quietly as mom goes first " I won my big case today" she said feeling chuffed
I can see my sisters, dad and even Ian's minds working out what could top that " my next essay is up for the golden orchid" Spencer beams and everyone is pleased and I don't say anything I just knew it was going to happen anyway.
" lolly aren't you going to congratulate your sister on her news?" Mom said frowning at me.
I don't really want to but I don't really have a choice so I swallow my pride and say sweetly " congratulations Spence" Spencer actually believes me and says " thank you lolly pops" I smile.
" I snagged a good parking spot today" Ian says giving a shrug of his shoulders.
I smirk, poor Ian has no idea how this works but at least he tried and he doesn't realise playing this game will happen a lot with us Hastings.
" anyone else have anything to add?" Spencer's say cheerfully hoping she has won.
" how can I possibly top any of that? I am already a winner" we all frown in confusion.
" what do you mean your already a winner when you haven't said anything yet dad?" Melissa pipes up.
" I am a winner every day because I have your mother and you girls of course" dad winks at mom.
" oh Pete" mom says getting up out of her seat and walks over to dad and kisses him on the lips and mom goes to head back to her seat but dad has other plans when he grabs her waist and pulls her on to his lap.
"Omg this is so embarrassing" I mumble under my breath, I grab my water and take a sip.
Me and Spencer catch each other's eye and roll our eyes.
Thankfully the waitress comes back over and saved us when she asked us what we wanted to eat and mom got up off dads lap.
I sit quietly picked up my glass of water and took a sip and put my glass back down, I hate these family meals I just don't fit in at all, I mean as I say this everyone is sitting talking amongst themselves whilst I am glancing around the apple rose grill at the other families , friends sharing memories and laughter.
I decide to get up and head to the restroom but mom asks me where I am going " lolly where are you going?" Mom says seeing me walk past her " I'm just going to the restroom" Mom nods " don't be too long dinner will be here shortly" I sigh " okay" I walk out to the restroom and walk over to the sink and mirrors and I place my hands either side of the sink and look at myself and yes you guessed it the voices are slowly working their voices forward. I shut my eyes and mumble " please go away" I mumble over and over until all the words have lost their meaning.
I slowly open my eyes and take a deep breath " okay you can do this lolly" before I can do anything the voices finally take over.
But can you really? Fatty, see no one wants a fat pig like you sitting at their table when all your going to do is embarrass them.
" Shut up" I say placing my hands over my ears.
Hit a nerve have I fatso?
" shut the hell up" I say slightly louder than I planned.
Before I can say anything else I hear moms voice from outside the rest room door " dinner is here lolly"
" okay I'll be out in the second" I call out.
" okay well hurry up sweetheart or it will get cold" mom says one last time before she heads back to her seat.
" let's do this" I say looking at myself over in the mirror and only seeing a fat pig staring back at me.

I'm sorry I haven't up dated for a while and well anyway I'm sorry this chapter kind of stinks but it will get better and I will use bits from the ppl show to fit this story okay. Thanks for reading, following and voting on this story.