Chapter fourty

After my text to the girls I received a call from Mona.
" Nice text by the way" Mona says chuckling.
" I want you at my party, oh but one thing I want you camping outside watching their every move understood" Mona demands.
" yeah okay but, my mom won't let me go she's making me study instead" I say knowing this isn't want Mona wants to hear.
" I don't care figure it out" the line goes dead.
Later on that day Spencer was preparing for Mona's camp whilst I was home studying against my will. Spencer was just about to leave and like always she checked in with me.
There was a knock at the door.
" come in" I call out.
I am sat on my bed room floor with hundreds of books spread out and whilst I am sitting in the box splits.
" how is that even possible sit like that?" Spence says chuckling at my studying position.
" It's pretty easy, are you off to camp Mona?" Spencer sighs " yeah, I guess I will see you then" Spencer says and I nod " I guess so, have a good time" I say.
Spencer finally leaves and I work on my plan to leave the house to keep Mona happy but with out my mother finding out. Mom comes up stairs and checks on me " I will be working from home today in your fathers office if you need me okay?" I nod and smile " sure mom" mom smiles at me and finally she leaves me alone.
I get up off the floor open my wardrobe and dig out my black hoodie and some black gloves. I then open my window glance down at the rose trellis that I have climbed down many times before so this wouldn't new to me. I glance behind me making sure I have everything and then I climb out my window and onto the trellis and carefully climb down it until  I reach the ground. Once I'm down I rush out of my back yard and leave the house and rush into rosewood and wait for a bus and luck seems to be on my side today because I didn't have to wait long I get on to the bus and start the long journey to the camp for Mona's birthday.
After what seemed forever I arrived at the camp after getting off the bus and walking 10 minutes in the complete dark with only my cell phone as a torch.
I settle down in the bushes and lying and waiting. I text Mona that I am in place, I spot Mona counting her birthday gifts  and then I spy my sister and her friends sitting in a tent talking.
I hear a branch snap behind me  and I jump out of my skin, I spin the round with the torch on my phone to see nothing there, I guess it must be an animal I say to myself.
What I didn't know was that there were other people out there watching and waiting just like me. I was getting darker by the second and colder as the sun started going down, I started to shiver and in absolute honesty I didn't have to wait long because Mona appeared in front of me " Ready?" I nod but really I wasn't ready at all in fact I was absolutely terrified .
Mona gets into a little silver sports car and gestures for me to do the same. I climb in and close the door behind me and Mona turns on the headlights and revs the engine and it was at that second I knew this wasn't going to be good I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and that feeling was pure dread.
" Mona what are we doing?" I say seeing her evil look in her eyes.
" oh you just wait" Mona smirks and with that she starts speeding down the road, the next thing  I see in the headlights is clearly someone running somewhere or to someone and then I hear something hit the car bonnet and making a loud thud and the the car brakes squeak and I am slammed forwards on to the dash board by such force. I glance up to see whatever it was had gone but I could hear voices of girls screaming for help and then Mona hitting the gas and we were flying down the road again and round the corner.
" get out" Mona yells at me and for a split second I am in too much shock to move.
" Get Out" Mona barks once again but this time I get out the car and I am still unsure what has just happened so, I rush round the corner to see a couple of girls kneeling on the wet road and something laying on the floor between them. I reality took hold of me and it is then that I realise we hit a person a real living and breathing person, I can't look anymore so, I rush back to the bus stop and wait for the next bus back into rosewood. I glance at my phone to see it is now gone half 8 and I am starting to panic , what if I'm not home in time before mom checks on me again?. Finally after what seems like forever the bus arrives and I head back home. Bus pulls into rosewood I practically jump off the bus and run home. My lungs are starting to burn and I can't catch my breath but I continue to rush home. Once I'm in our back yard I finally let myself get my breath back.
I climb back up the trellis and climb back through my window, I toss my hoodie to the back off the wardrobe and then I sink to the floor and let out sob that I have been holding in since the accident. I am shaking with fear and worry about that poor person we hit no.....I didn't do anything Mona hit them was just forced into the car against my own will.
I finally stop crying, I hear footsteps coming up stairs and mom opens my door " There's been an accident Hanna was hit by a car" I freeze...we hit Hanna it was Hanna Marin laying in the middle of the road.
" Omg is she okay?" I manage to say trying to sound as normal as possible.
" No she is in very serious condition" I began to sob again only harder knowing it was Hanna we could have killed.
" Mom" I whisper through my tears and mom comes over and comforts me " shhh it's going to be okay, Hanna will pull through" mom says rubbing my back gently.
Spencer arrives home an a few hours later and me and mom are already waiting for her down stairs. Spencer doesn't have to say anything we just look at each other for a second, I get up off the couch and rush over to Spencer and we just hug each other tight.
" I'm sorry" I whisper over and over again feeling the guilty eating away at me.