Roger Waters #8

Wow it feels like forever since I last posted. But here I am with a dramatic imagine to make up for all that time! I was listening to this song and came up with this, so I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll try to start posting regularly again. I miss writing :)

   The studio was quiet, or so it seemed as you watched from the other room as they listened to their playbacks. All seemed to be going well by the looks of most of their nods. They had brought in another guitarist, David, and the band seemed a little more hopeful now. All except for Syd. Your smile slowly faded as you caught a glimpse of him alone in the corner, barely focused on what was occurring. You thought for a moment on how easy it used to be to smile at just the thought of Syd, but now it seemed sad just to think of him. He didn't even look up at you the whole time you watched. You sighed and looked back at the rest of the band happily listening to the nearly finished album. You smiled as you watched the happiest of them all, Roger. He looked so excited as he watched the record spin, emitting the sounds of the music he so loved. His smile was the biggest in the room right now. Then he looked up at you and you felt silly as you were just caught staring. He motioned for you to come in and you nodded.

You opened the door and you were greeted by his excited voice, "Here, start the track over for her," he told David.

You stood next to him and he leaned down a little, "You're going to love this, trust me," he said quietly.

You felt stupid as your cheeks heated up at the sound of his smooth voice in your ear and you quickly looked away to hide it. You met eyes with Syd, who didn't look so vacant anymore, in fact he looked sullen at the sight of you next to Roger. Your smile disappeared yet again. Roger looked at you and then to Syd. He kept his smile but he was frustrated at the look of disappointment on your face every time you saw your boyfriend.

He put his hand on the small of your back, making you feel a twinge of excitement at his touch, "What do you think?" He asked, trying to distract you from the sullen glare on Syd's face.

You looked up at him and felt happy as he smiled down at you, "I love it," you said sweetly, but immediately regretted it as you felt someone grab your arm to pull you out of the room.

"Come on then, I doubt either of us are needed here anymore," Syd said as he dragged you behind him.

Roger watched in anger as he took you away, clenching his jaw as he studied your apologetic glance back. He shook his head and looked back at the record, trying to ignore the situation.

"Syd, come on, don't be like that," Rick called after him.

"Let him go," Roger said as he went to the next track, "I'll check on him later."

"Syd stop," you said as he continued to squeeze your arm tightly while he walked angrily down the street.

He completely ignored you, as he usually did when he was like this. You yanked your arm away from him and he whipped around angrily to look at you.

"You're hurting me," you said as you rubbed your arm.

"What, and you don't think your hurting me?" He hurled back at you.

You stared back confused.

"Oh please," he said angrily, "do you think I can't see it?"