David Gilmour #1

Imagine sitting at a bar after an incredibly long day. You played with the straw of your drink and let out a sigh. Life had simply become boring and you really didn't see a cure in sight.

"You look like you're having fun," a sarcastic voice said in a British accent.

You looked next to you to see quite the man had taken a seat beside you. He gave you a funny little smile as you studied him. He had long, messy blonde hair with a pair of gorgeous eyes to match. You laughed to yourself a bit as you thought about how boring you had just been thinking life was.

"What's so funny?" He asked, laughing along with you.

"No, it's nothing. Just life, I suppose," you replied, blushing a bit as he spoke, he had a lovely voice.

"Sounds like quite the comedy," he replied quickly.

He was quite witty and you're we're loving every second of it.

"It must be," you said back, "so what made you wander over here?"

"Well," he started, sitting up a little taller in his seat, when he looked back at you he had a smirk painted on his face, "I simply couldn't ignore the damsel in distress sitting all lonely like at the bar."

"Damsel in distress?" You repeated with a laugh.

"That's you," he said with a wink, making you laugh, "what can I call you?"

"Well preferably my name," you said, trying to match his wit.

He let out a laugh, and gave you an impressed smile.

"My names (y/n)," you said, holding out your hand to shake his.

"David," he said back, "David Gilmour."

"That sounds familiar," you said, mostly to yourself, but he shook his head.

"Well, yeah, I didn't want to say anything, I was waiting for you to notice," he laughed, scratching the back of his head, and you could have sworn he was blushing a little too.

"Notice..?" You said, a little confused.

"Oh you still don't-?" He said, laughing a bit as he watched you tilt your head in confusion, "do you listen to Pink Floyd?"

You pondered his question and then quite literally felt your heart stop.

"Oh my gosh, wow, I am-you are? okay, that David Gilmour," you said, feeling your face turn red hot, "I am so sorry I didn't recognize you!"

"No, no, no need to be sorry, it was quite nice actually," he said, subtly looking you up and down as he spoke, "you're different from more of the girls I meet, I like that a lot. You didn't scream in excitement when I walked over to you, you actually treated me like a normal person, it was nice."

You gave him a warm smile as you both silently enjoyed the moment.

"Say," he started, "how would you like to do this again sometime?"

"Like a date?" You asked with a smirk.

"I wouldn't know what else to call it," he laughed and this time you definitely saw him blush, even though he came across so confident.

"I think I'd like that a lot," you said softer now.

He smiled and pulled out a piece of paper, asked the bartender for a pen and wrote down his number. He stood up from his seat and came close to you. He gently slid the piece of paper into your hand, letting his fingers linger on yours as he leaned in towards your ear.

"See you soon," he whispered, leaving a kiss on your cheek and a silly smile on your face.