BONES AU Introduction

INTRODUCTION

Agent Hobbs and Dr. Hoying pulled up to the previously flaming prison. A guard showed them in.

"Everybody is accounted for. That is, if this is Elliot Young, they are," the guard proclaimed as he lead them down the corridor.

"Whoa... are you allowed to have this many prisoners in a cell?" Hoying asked.

"Look, Bones, they just had a fire, cut the foreman a break. Whoa whoa whoa keep your squintern away from the bars. Most of these guys haven't seen a real woman since Reagan was in office" Special Agent Joe Hobbs warned.

Scott pulled his intern, Kirstie, away from the bars and closer to him instead. This was her first field job. Fitting that the corpse they were examining was supposedly the serial killer she had put away herself. They walked into a cell. It had been most affected by the fire. There was a corpse on the floor, also burnt to a crisp. Scott knelt down next to it as Joe stayed back and covered his nose in disgust.

"Victim was male... Same build as Young..." he picked up the wrist carefully and brought his face to it. "Wrist was broken. Same wrist I broke last we saw Young. But, Joe? This is a new break. There's been no remodeling."

"A new break? So this wouldn't be Elliot Young, then?" Joe asked.

"Well, the foreman said they had everyone accounted for... unless..." Kirstie squatted across from Scott and carefully lifted a small patch of skin that was left. "'D. C. Fire Department' it says"

Joe and Scott looked at each other.

"Fireman came in here to rescue him" Joe started.

"Young broke his wrist, took his uniform" Scott continued

"And escaped right under their noses!" Kirstie chimed in. They looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Sorry, I thought we were finishing each other's sentences."

Scott stood up and Kirstie did as well.

"I want these remains sent back to the Jeffersonian." He started to walk off. "Don't screw up my bones!" he called back as Kirstie trotted after him and Joe followed at a normal pace.