“And what is the something else.” Liam chuckles. I sigh, “Well….” I say, but don’t continue.

                “Well what?” Liam raises his eyebrow. I take a deep breath, “Management…wants you to promotethebandlikeZayndoes.” I say quietly and quickly.

                “Whoa, babe slow down. Say that again.” Liam laughs. I look up at him and sigh, “Promise you won’t get mad?” I hold out my pinky. He rolls his eyes, but smile linking his pinky with mine.

                “Okay, they want you to promote our band like Zayn does.” I say closing my eyes, I then open one eye to see Liam’s face.

                “W—What?” Liam says looking hurt. He gets up and rubs his temple, “I’m starting to think Niall was actually right.”

                “Right about what?” I say worriedly.

                “That you’re using me! As soon as we go public, management happens to call you for a meeting—and in the meeting you are told to let me promote your little girl group?!” Liam says harshly.

                “Little girl group? Excuse if I don’t remember we were doing well without Zayn promoting us, and we sure as hell will do well without you too!” I spat at him.

                “Oh really? Because last time I remembered you all were unknown for a long time.” Liam says meanly.

                I drop my jaw, “Whatever Liam.” I say walking away. I hear Liam walking closely behind me, “How could I be so damn naïve!? I always fall so damn quickly for people who don’t even care about me.” Liam says.

                “This is what I was worried about! How could you say that I don’t care about you!?” I yell at him. He walks closer to me, “’Cause you don’t!” He screams in my face.

                Tears roll down my face, this is all too familiar. The screaming, the arguing, me crying—this is exactly what Sam and I would do.

                “This is Sam all over again…” I say under my breath. Liam raises his eyebrow, “What?!” He says loudly.

                “This. It’s my relationship with Sam all over again. The screaming, the arguing, the crying…me feeling shitty.” I say wiping tears.

                Liam tries to hold on to me, but I push him away to his surprise. I stomp away from him, but he grabs me by the waist and turns me around.

                “Let go of me Liam!” I say prying his hands off of my waist.

                “Jade…” Liam says. I shake my head wipe my tears, and walk past him, locking myself in the room.

Liam’s POV

                “Jade, babe, please come out of the room.” I say softly knocking on the door. I hear small sniffles and sobs.

                “I—I can’t believe you said I don’t care about you. If anything, I am the one who cares about you the m—most.” Jade cries. She continues to speak, “I don’t care about the fame you’ve gained since the six years I’ve known you.”

                “Jade I know, I was wrong.” I confess to her.

                “You don’t know Liam. I didn’t fall in love with Liam from One Direction, I fell in love with dorky Liam Payne who I met back in 2008. I fell in love with the Liam who was quirky and didn’t care, the Liam who didn’t get angry so quickly. I don’t care about the money, fame, or popularity. I don’t care about all of those meaningless possessions.” She says as tears roll down her face.