seven

Jade’s POV

                Cuddling with Liam is quite fun. He puts a smile on my face, and he always seems to keep it there, unlike anyone else.  I then look at our hands that are intertwined; it seemed like our hands we made for each other. He then looks at me and smiles.

                “Is there something wrong Jade? Am I making you feel uncomfortable?” He frowns and immediately pulls his hand from mine. I then shake my head, and hold his hand once again. I smile, “No I—I liked this. But there is something on my mind.”

                “What is it babe, I—I mean Jade?” Liam says as he blushes a lot. I giggle at his cuteness.

“Um, I was wondering. Um you know how I’m um….waiting for the right guy.” I say quietly and embarrassedly.

                “Yeah.” He says.

                “Do you think it’s dumb or old-fashioned?” I say now longer looking at him. He shakes his head, “Of course not. I think it’s really sweet.” He says sincerely.

                “R—really? Because Sam would always poke fun at me and say I’m the only girl who’s like that now. And of course I know that’s not true, but what I don’t know what’s true is if guys don’t have the same mentality as Sam.” I say.

                “Sam is a douche, we all know that. Trust me, not all guys are like that Jade.” Liam says with a smile.

                “I want you to be completely honest with me. If we were dating, would you—would you accept my wishes or would you even the least bit hint at me you wanted…” I say, but Liam cuts me off.

                “Jade to me, a relationship isn’t based on intimacy. It’s about love, trust, and compassion—if you just base the relationship on sex, there’s nothing else. And Jade, if we were dating I would respect it, because I know how much it means to you. I think it’s great that you’re waiting, it shows that not only do you want your significant other to respect your body, it also shows that you have a great respect for your own body. ” Liam answers truthfully.

                I then smile at him and hug him. I think he is taken aback by the random hug, but he soon wraps his arms around me which sends a million shivers up and down my spine. Once we pull away I look at Liam again.

                “There’s something else we’ve been avoiding…” I say. Liam raises his eyebrow in confusion, “We have, what is it?” Liam asks.

                “Um, the kiss…I—I know before I said it didn’t mean anything, but it did Liam. And after you picked me up last night from the rainy bust stop last night, stayed with me when I had a nightmare, and they we cuddled watching movies. It—it made me realize what I feel for you is more than just friends.” I say to him.

                “Jade I would be lying if I didn’t have any feelings for you—because I do. I’ve kind of always had a crush on you, but…” He says.

                “But?” I say sadly.

                “I want to take you out on a proper date.” Liam says with a smile.

                “You do?” I say shocked but with a smile. Liam nods, “Yes, tomorrow night. That is if you want.” Liam says.

                “YES! I mean, yeah…I’d like that.” I say trying to play it off. Liam chuckles, “Well then it’s set, you, me tomorrow at let’s say 8?” Liam offers. I nod, and we start cuddling once again and put our attention on the movie.