eight

Liam’s POV

                It’s been two weeks since the most amazing date ever, yet Jade and I have not left each other sight. We are sitting on the couch, all I have on is sweatpants, and she is wearing shorts and one of my t-shirts. We are cuddled with each other, watching some TV. Most people might say we’ve gotten too attached way too quickly, which isn’t true at all, because we’ve known each other for almost six years and have had somewhat hidden feelings for one another. I remember seeing Jade at the 2010 X-Factor boot camp.

Flashback ‘10

                It’s great to be back here in boot camp, my confidence really went downhill when I didn’t make it to the live shows two years ago. But when I walked onto that stage to perform in front of the judges again, I wanted to make a statement, and I statement I sure did make. I am finding it a lot harder to talk to people this time around, maybe because right off that bat I had someone to talk to. I really did miss all the people I became friends with, especially one bubbly person.

                As I stand in the corner awaiting instructions from the judges, I feel a tap on my shoulder but when I turn around, there is no one behind me. I roll my eyes and groan, “Haha very funny…” I say quite annoyed.

                “Well someone has become a grumpy pants within the last two years.” A small, familiar voice says. I then turn around to see Jade, but she looks much different. Her hair is longer and she has physically matured.

                “Jade is that you?!” I say almost too excitedly.

                I hold out my arms and right away she embraces me. I hug her tightly and twirl her around a bit. I hear her laugh. Boy how I have missed that beautiful laugh. I finally put her down and she does that cute little thing where she brings her hands under her chin, tilts her head, and smiles.

                “Liam I’m here again, but I’m surprised to see you. You are so talented and have such an amazing voice, I was pissed when I found out you didn’t make it passed the judges’ houses.” Jade says to me.

                “Yeah, I was devastated, but I really want this so I decided to try out again like Simon told me to. I really think I can do it this time Jade. Well if I don’t get beaten by you, because you are the best.” I say sweetly to her.

                She immediately hugs me tight, “I’ve missed you so much Li, you don’t even know! When I got send home, all I could think about was my best friend.” She says to me.

                “Aww, I’ve missed you too Jade. I really thought this time I wouldn’t have anyone to hang out with or talk to during boot camp, but it looks like I do!” I say to her with a great smile.

                “Really, you’re such a likable person Liam; I wish you saw that too.” She says as she ruffles my hair.

                “Eh, I don’t really think so, but at least I have my best friend.” I say not trying to sound too gloomy.

                *              *              *              *              *

                I stand in a group with a bunch of people. And I have a great feeling about this, everyone here is so talented. Simon comes out and my heart is beating real hard.