thirteen

Jade’s POV

As I am driving to my appointment with management my heart is literally beating out of my chest. I literally feel like I’m going to puke. I pull into Modest! Headquarters and immediately go up. I sit on the chair and wait for my meeting, as I wait I go on Twitter.

                I look and see that Ruth is tweeting some fans. As I am scrolling through some tweets, my heart literally breaks in to pieces. Of course Liam is not the only victim in this; he should not be feeling this way. I shake my head; put my phone in my pocket.

                “Jade, they’re ready to see you.” The receptionist comes in. I nod my head and follow her in and sit down in the office.

                “So Jade it has come to our attention that you and Sam have broken up. Speculations began to grow saying that you were—being scandalous with multiple members of a band also on our label. I will not name names, because you already know. We were afraid your good girl image will decrease, but thankfully after the video broadcasting of you, everything was cleared up.” The main head of management spoke.

                I nod, and he continues to speak, “But, now you have recently revealed a new relationship. Although we cannot tell who and who you cannot date—it is in your contract that you have to tell us, so when revealing a new relationship we know how to reveal it to the press.” He says.

                “So are you saying that I can’t date Liam?” I ask worriedly. He shakes his head, “Absolutely not. We think this will be great for the band. This will bring publicity and more reasons why people should check out your group, because now two members from a major group on our label are dating two members of your group.” He says slyly.

                “Why can’t you just say I’m dating Liam, who happens to be in One Direction?” I ask confusedly. The man chuckles, “We don’t want to press to know we are using your true relationship as a pawn in this game of business.” He says.

                I groan deeply, “Don’t tell me you are going to let Liam promote the band constantly, because for you information, as much as Zayn loves us and our band—he hates tweeting us so often.” I honestly say to him.

                “But it’s helping you guys out, so don’t complain and go along with it. Or we’ll have to have you terminate your relationship.” He says sternly.

                “You can’t do that!” I exclaim. He shakes his head and smiles, “Oh but I can. It’s not like you signed your life away when you signed with us—then again, you kind of did.” He says jokingly, but I am still kind of uneasy.

                “So is that it? That’s all you called me for?” I ask him.

                “Yeah, now you may leave.” He says shooing me out of the office. I raise my eyebrow, but I follow his directions and leave.

                I thought the meeting was nothing, but as I am leaving the office, something hits my mind. When Niall first came, he told Liam I was using him, what if I tell Liam what management wants him to do. Will he think that I’m using him?

**             **             **

                “Hey babe, how was your meeting?” Liam greets me with a kiss on my cheek. I shrug, “Umm…it went okay….” I say to him as I plop on the couch.

                “What did you all talk about?” Liam says as he sits next to me. I shrug, “Just about what happened between me and Sam, our relationship…and something else.” I say not wanting to tell him management’s plan.