twenty-three

Liam’s POV

                I’m sitting down in my feelings, just think how lucky I am to have someone as great as her. There was Danielle, and we mutually ended things even after 3 years of loving each other. Then there was Sophia, part of me still feels hurt on what she did to me. When I was going out with both Sophia and Danielle, I was sure that I was going to marry one of them, but what I feel for Jade doesn’t even compare to either one of them. I’ve loved Jade since I first laid my eyes on her. She’s the one I want to marry, and I am going to marry her. I’ve known her for six years of my life, and she was there at the start of my career, and I was there at the start of hers. We’ve been together for a little over a year now, and I couldn’t be happier.

                As, I walk into the bathroom to get some things, I hear the shower running, and I see Jade sitting in the tub with her knees tucked into her chest, letting the showerhead run water on her, as it mixes with her tears.

                “Babe, what’s wrong?” I say. She looks up at me, shakes her head and doesn’t look at me. I sigh, “Jade, please don’t shut me out again.” I beg.

                She looks up at me, and I know something is wrong. I know she’s hurt, this isn’t her anxiety or PTSD kicking in, this is something else.

                “Jade…what’s wrong?” I ask. Her bottom lip trembles, “Is—is it true?” She asks.

                “Is what true, what are you talking about Jade?” I am now confused. She takes a deep breath, “I was following fans on Twitter today, and people were tweeting me things.” She says slowly.

                “What things, what did they say about you?” I say getting angry, no one is going to talk about Jade and get away with it.

                “It’s not what they said about me, it’s about you! Why didn’t you tell me!?” Jade says crying. I raise my eyebrow, “Tell you what, I don’t know what you are talking about.”

                “Did you cheat on her?” She simply asks. I look confused, “Cheat on who?”

                “Both Sophia and Danielle, did you cheat on her?! Because Sophia made her Twitter public and said you cheated on Danielle with her, then Sophia said you ended things with her, because you were seeing someone else, before you officially ended things. Am I that girl? Am I the one you cheated don Sophia with?!” She screamed.

                “What!? Jade, no! You know that isn’t true, you know she used me.” I say hoping things won’t blow out of proportion.

                “Maybe you lied Liam. You know how I feel about cheating, Sam cheated on me and broke my heart.” Jade says.

                “I didn’t—” I say, but she cuts me off, “Wait, was this a way to get me into bed!? To take the one thing I held dearest to me?! Is that it!? Now that you took my virginity, you’re going on to the next one, right!? Big Daddy Payne, popping Little Thrilwall’s cherry. That’s what you wanted right, to brag to your friends, that you can do that!” Jade says angrily.

                This hurts me so much, tears sting my vision. She smirks, “I was right, wasn’t I? That’s why you aren’t saying anything.” She spat at me, she gets up and puts a towel around herself.

                “No Jade I’m just hurt that you would think that. I love you, you know that. I wanted to beat the shit out of Sam, because he broke your heart. I wanted him to feel the pain that I watched you go through, I wanted to see that happy smile on your face that I saw six years ago. I don’t care about anyone else, I haven’t felt this way about anyone else but you.” I say to her.