Ch19 • Turn Tables

#GMACTurnTables

I composed myself. I don't have to be agitated. I have to be brave and face him. I am fearless. But sh*t! You know how much my heart was loudly thumping like it wants to get out my chest? Damn!

"Nicole?" He called again and I turned to the corner and there he was.

Looks like nothing happened to him. He's standing straight by the door and he looks like he's okay. My gosh! My palms were getting sweaty. I heaved a deep breath as I walked towards him.

"Seth," he turned and we locked eyes together. I can't take off my eyes off him as I felt the familiar sting in my chest. Why am I feeling like this?

"By the way, congratulations on your successful comeback.." He said and I just nodded my head. I can't think of anything to say. "Brie said you're finally going to talk me.." He added. So it's true that they're together a while ago.

I took a deep breath again and brought all my courage to speak. "Yeah.. A-about the divorce p-papers." I bit my lip. I just stuttered! The heck?!

"What about it?" He asked looking tough. Seems like he doesn't care anymore if we truly annulled our marriage. Now, something changed in him.

"I need those papers."

"What do you want me to do?"

Did he not know what to do with those papers?! Didn't attorney told him what to do?!

"Seth it's been months! Why haven't you give it back--" I couldn't help but to raise my voice. He's getting annoying with those questions he's asking!

"You're that hasty to slink off me?" He cut my words. I knitted my eyebrows because of those words coming out of his mouth. I know he's furious yet his voice is calm but firm. "Tell me Nicole, are we really over? Are we really done?" I know I saw that hurt in his eyes. But this pain I'm feeling is nothing compared to his. I lost a child in my womb and I don't know if I'll bear one ever in the future.

"We were long done Seth." I bravely said. My tears were urging to fall but I bit my lip to prevent it from coming out. I don't want him to see me cry.

We were just looking straight eye to eye. He's intently looking at me like he'll truly see that I'm sure with what I'm saying right now. It took him a minute to speak again.

"Okay.." He said nodding. His expression changed. "I'll just give those stupid papers to attorney.. Nice to see you again though." He winked as he smirked. Seems like he's okay with it now. Wait, what?!

He turned his back and started walking away. His walk wasn't like before. Is his injury that worse?

I didn't noticed a tear fell off my eye until another came. I bursted in tears when he got out of my sight. I'm silently sobbing here in a room. I closed the door and leaned on it. My chest constricted in pain. Why does it feel wrong? He didn't complain like he used to. He just said 'okay' and that made my feeling even worse. Is that it? So, this is goodbye?

***

I woke up with a headache the next day. God! I've drank a lot of wine last night. And I regret it. After that talk with Seth, I got my things and went home to the hotel. I don't want anybody to see me like a mess. Good thing, there's no taping today. Gosh! I've been stalking on social media about Seth. I searched what happened to him when I left and it just blew me off. I felt bad because I know I contributed on why he got injured.

Oh sh*t! My head hurts like a b*tch when the knock on the door came repeatedly. Didn't they know the person here is still sleeping?! Ugh! I covered myself with the blanket and pretend to be asleep, but hell! Brianna is screaming my name outside my door. She doesn't really know the word privacy!