Ch16.2 • Difference

#GMACDifference

My brows arched when I saw him.

It's Tyler!

"Hey," I beamed. We didn't see each other these past days, and here he is, working out in the same gym.

I'm looking at him and his face is like confused. Why the sudden change in attitude?

"Why are you looking at me like that? Did I do something wrong?"

"Uh--" he trailed but then I noticed something.

"Oh my gosh. Did you not go out for a week? Your skin got fairer."

He shortly laughed. He got weird. For the time I knew him, he's always the first to talk.

"What happened to you?" I asked. He still had that smug on his face. He looks amused.

"Nothing.. You're training here?" Even his voice sounds much lower.

"Yeah. Miko's my instructor." I said and he just smilingly nodded.

Miko and I resumed our workout in the ring. Tyler is in ringside watching us. He's really weird. He's always talkative but now, he's coy.

"Good job Nikki!" Miko exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Thanks!"

"So, tomorrow again?"

"Yeah, see you."

"Bye!"

After Miko left, I get my duffle bag. I wipe my sweat and drink water when I heard him speak behind me. He called me Nikki. I furrowed my eyebrows turning at him. As far as I know, he didn't want to call me Nikki. He changed.

"Yeah?"

"Where you headed after?" He asked having that soft response again.

"Uhm, hotel? Where I'm staying?.. Why?"

"Want to go grab some food?" He timidly asked, his left hand on his nape. He suddenly got shy.

"Why are you like that? You're weird."

"I'm not." He chuckled and it's cute.

"Okay. I'll go change first then we go." He just nodded. It's weird coz the Tyler I knew is confident and outspoken. Is this one his doppelganger? Haha! Wacky!

We then go to Kyubei because I told him that I haven't ate sushi in a week. I also told him that I want to sit near the open kitchen where the sushi chefs are and he agreed.

He's talking with their staffs here and they're talking Japanese again. I'm out of place. I turned my attention to the sushi making. It always makes my mouth water. The smell is so good!

"You're drooling.." He said laughing.

"No I'm not," I defended and he just continue laughing. "I hate you," I spank his arm. Now he's making fun of me!

We started eating and I noticed that something changed about him, really. And not just some, I mean a lot actually. His skin is whiter, his face features were soft and he's soft spoken and shy.

"I really admire you because in such a young age, you had your business here and it's successful." I said. I can't think of anything to talk about so I asked about their business.

"Yeah,"

"You said you're a co-owner? Who else?"

"My brother. Our dad actually owned this and he let my brother and I to manage it." I nodded. It's the long sentence he told me this day. "How 'bout you?"

I haven't talked about my former job to him and he hasn't have any idea. I don't know if he just don't like to search about it. And I suddenly felt that I need to have my own business too, because I know that my career in wrestling is just temporary.

"Uhm, I'm a real estate agent."

"Cool! So you sell what? House and lot?" I rolled my eyes. Obviously!

"Hey, you're here!" A girl suddenly approached him. We both turn our backs to her.

"Hey Liza! Nice to see you!" He said and they greet cheek to cheek.

"Gosh! We need some catching up to do, but, maybe next time? I'm in a bit hurry. I just dropped by to get some sushi." She said. This girl is a blondie.

"Oh alright,"

"Same number?" I raised my brow. So they're close?

"Yeah,"

"Okay. Bye! Nice seeing you again Tanner!" And then she stormed off.

My raised brows then knitted. What did she call him?

"Tanner?" I got confused. Is that a name? Or a skin color? But he's not even tan!

He looked at me and awkwardly smiled. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Are you like that? Telling girls different names? Showing them different attitudes too? Tell me now, are you playing with me...Tanner?"

"No. Why would I --"

"Zip it! I'm outta here," I stood up and walked my way out.

I thought better of him. I thought I made a friend. But guess what? I got betrayed. Even a freaking friend!

I guess it's my destiny to be lied to. And it fvcking sucks!

✖✖✖✖✖✖

Very short chapter!
Hahaha. Sorry 😅

Update soon 😚