Balances

Balances

"Darkbooty!" Dad called out as soon as he got out. I turned toward the house and walked towards it to go in. Dib followed after me. I heard my dad greeting them loudly behind me.

"It's great to see you here, son!" he cheered.

"Nice to see you again, dad!" Dib exclaimed back. "I even got my own space ship!"

"Ah you kids and your own little toys," he chuckled, not believing what Dib had said like always.

"But it's true!"

"Now now Dib, let's have a good day for now," Darkbooty said. "It's been a long time too. I hope it's not a bad time."

"No no! It's perfect! I hope you two could stay for the next science convention coming up where I make a guest appearance to help stop global warming!"

Dib grinned. "I think that's our plan! I've been waiting to show pictures of Bigfoot that I found in Canada!"

Darkbooty looked at my stupid brother. "And of course, Dib is anxious to see his sister again," he added.

"Just don't eat my last slice of pizza," I warned him.

Dib nodded quickly as the two adults went in along with me and my brother. "S-So, how are things?" he asked.

"Pretty good, I guess." I shrugged. "What about you? Still trying to stop the 'aliens' again?"

"Hey!" Dib frowned. "You know they are real! I even spotted the ship like I told you!"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "You might as well make me one so I can fly away from you."

"Was that your ship that you were driving?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, why?"

"Who drove it then?"

"Zim Cullen," I answered bluntly.

He then started to laugh. I looked at him, raising a brow. My stupid brother felt embarrassed.

"Guess that explains it," he said. "I wondered why Darkbooty was acting strange."

"Yeah." I moaned. "He hates the Cullens."

"Not surprised," Dib muttered.

"I doubt Dad will even listen to us about it."

"But how can he not see it?!! The prove is right there!"

"Eh." I shrugged again.

Soon enough, the conversation between my dad and Darkbooty ended.

"Are you and your classmates going back to the beach soon?" Dib asked.

"Don't know, don't care," I answered again.

"Nice to talk to you, Prof. Membrane," Darkbooty said.

"Come up again for the next plan," Dad encouraged.

"Yeah, yeah," Darkbooty said. "We'll be here. Have a good night you two." He looked at my eyes for a moment, his smile disappearing. "You take care, Gaz," he added.

"Thanks," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

After they left, Dad turned to me. "So daughter, how was your day?"

"Good," I answered. "Same as usual."

"Hmm, I see. Are you sure you don't want to go to the dance with someone? Maybe that Iggins kid would be nice."

"If I did, I'd die in my own sleep," I groaned.

"Oh yeah," he nodded. "So I guess everything is fine with you on Saturday. I made plans to go to a meeting with the others for another efficient way to use energy. I'd stay at home if you want to put the trip off until someone goes with you. I know you can be lonely here, Gaz."