Chapter 6

I walked along the corrigdors of the castle while sorting out my thoughts. I had finally decided that i loved Maxon not Aspen, Aspen was just my first love and that's just it. I had learned that if you ever had a first love and you cannot have them you just need to let them go and set them free, maybe that's what Aspen had thought about me before I entered the Selection.

"America?" I heard a voice say from behind and I turned around to see Princess Ruby all bubly and well dressed in her cute sparkly tiara.

"Hey Princess Ruby!" I waved at her and she walked forward to my direction carrying her long cute white dress.

"Please call me Ruby" she offered and extended her hand for me to shake and i gratefully accepeted it.

"So what made you came here all the way to the corrigdors of the palace?" she asked as we walked side by side me holding her hand.

"I was just sorting out some things" I stated as we walked past the guards on the hallways.

"Like what kind of things?" she asked

"Something you need not to know about" I said smiling and she playfully pouted making the two of us stop from our walk.

"Your so mean!" She exclaimed still pouting and i laughed

"Your too young to understand Ruby" I explained and she looked down nodding her head slowly.

"Fiiiineeee" she whined and she jumped onto my back which made me jump back

"You need to repay me!" she whined and I laughed running along the hallways together with Ruby as she was carried unto my back.

"SUPERMAAANNN!" i exclaimed which made her giggle

Just as i was running on the garden i bumped into someone which made me and Ruby fall down on the grassy surface laughing our heads off.

"Well it seems like you two are having fun " i heard a girl voice say and i looked at who it was, it was Princess Ysabel holding her book tightly on her hands.

"Hey, sis!" Ruby exclamined and Princess Ysabel ignored her by rolling her eyes at her.

"If you excuse me" Princess Ysabel asked and we gave her way but Ruby stopped her

"Are you mad at me?" Ruby asked her sister who was holding back tears

"Is she talking to me?" Princess Ysabel asked turning her head at me and I nodded my head looking at Ruby.

"Really?!" Ysabel asked surprised letting go of her little sister's grip "I thought she was talking to you!" Princess Ysabel said sarcastically glaring at her sister one last time she stomped her way inside the castle. I turned to look at Princess Ruby and she was crying her eyes out lying helplessly on the grassy surface.

"Hey, are you alright?" i asked Ruby as i knelt down beside her.

"She's always like that to me"

"Why?" i asked wiping her tears away.

"I don't know maybe she hates me" she shrugged

"Why? You two look inseperable when the day you guys arrived?"

"That? That was all an act" she scoffed

"What?" i asked shocked.

"It was all an act so that Mom and Dad wouldn't know that me and her were still not getting along at Royal Camp" Ruby explained and I nodded at her meaning that i understood.

"It's okay honey, your alright" I said comforting her huggin her tightly.

"By the way i gotta go Mom wanted to see me" Ruby said getting up and running away not bothering to say goodbye.