Deadly Game - Chapter 29

Okay here it is :)

I'm not sure about the next upload, but prob not before Saturday... Tried not to leave a too evil cliffy there.

Anyone esle SOOOO EXITED about THG movie??? Gonna go watch it on Friday... :))) *sighs dreamily*

ALSO THIS WHOLE EXTRA-THINGY TO DG CONTAINS FOUR PARTS RIGHT NOW, FIND IT ON MY PROFILE!!! Read if you like to :) There might be some hints about things Cassie never knew...

Please, as always, comment vote and fan!

<3 Anna (editing soon... to tired now.)

Chapter 29

The next day, I hunt. Both for food and tributes, because I'm over the shock of my first kill and just feel cold. This needs to end, and therefore I might need to kill.

 I decide to go back over to the Cornucopia, see if Marco is still there, if I can possibly find any food. I lost the squirrels when we fell into the water.

I walk through the silent forest, letting my feet find the way, and soon come to the river. I've made sure to keep away from the force-field, because I don't really feel like getting fried today.

Or any other day, for that matter.

I try to remember the short distance this time and keep my steps light, staying as silent as possible. I don't feel the need to alert any other tributes. I've practiced with the bow though, so I'm getting better and better at shooting, and my aim is great, though I still prefer my knives. But I only have four now - I've lost some knives along the way, but I got both Faith's and Axara's knives. So I don't really want to use them. Only if necessary.

I climb into a tree by the edge of the Cornucopia-clearing, hoping to see something, but the tree is not high, and no others have branches low and thick enough for climbing.

So I have to walk into there by foot, just prepared for anything. I have no idea who is there, why, and if they will see me and attack.

Suddenly I realize - heck, why am I even asking myself? It's either Andie, who I'm on okay terms with, I think. Or then it's Swan, who will probably try to avoid a fight and flee, from what I know about her. She's weak when it comes to anything physical, but she has to be smart to survive this long. Well, of course she's smart. She's from District 3.

The third option is Marco.

I know if it's him, I'll have the urge to kill him instantly. Finish him off quickly. And that's what the Capitol wants from me. They want me to become a Career, a quick killer.

I refuse.

So, whoever it is there - if there's anybody - I'll try to stay unnoticed, and put some distance between us.

I peak through the bushes, only to find the area around the Cornucopia empty. I sigh, then cautiously step out of the forest.

I check for traps, but there are none. It seems like Marco decided to go hunting, knowing no tributes would ever want to come even close to here. That's great for me.

The day passes by slowly, and I hear some weird noises from the rocks on the other side of the river, probably something the Gamemakers created. I wonder who's the target. Andie? Swan? Or Marco?

There are only four of us. Twenty gone. And three more, soon. I just wish I will be the lucky one.

If you really can call it lucky.

I have killed. Only two people, yes, but two are two too much. I'll have their blood on my hands forever. I know I had to do it - Clarie was in self-defense, and Rino to save Andie. But still, how can I go on the victory tour, look into the eyes of all the parents and siblings of the dead tributes? Look at Axara's sisters, the children from Faith's orphanage.