Deadly Game - Chapter 15

Here it is, a little shorter than usual - damn you school! - and as badass Cassidy as ever :)

Dedication goes to @RawrImmaMonster for her unbelieveably sweet comment on my message board, which just cheered me up SO much after a English test :) So this is for you, Aly, and also for Vivi, my sister, who's been telling me to upload all week, or she'll kill me on Sunday :) lol.

That is little Faith -----> (potrayed by Mackenzie Foy - yeah, I know she's young, but Faith IS small) Soo cute right???

<3 Anna

Chapter 15

I don't actually feel so scared anymore, now that I'm in the room. They're all sitting by a long table with food, and most of them are watching me with interest.

I've seen them before, but not all of them together. I don't know what to say, so I just tell them the basics.

"Hello, my name is Cassidy Wildeman. I'm fourteen, almost fifteen. I've got an alliance with the girls from eight and nine."

The Head Gamemaker, Wiccana Woode nods.

"You may start now, Miss Wildeman."

So I start, walking to the knives. I run a finger over the smooth surface, pick up two different kinds, testing their weight and balance in my hands. I stand still, throw one knife into the air, catch the thin, sharp blade between my fingers, and pull back my arm gracefully. With a quick movement I send the knife flying through the room, and it hits the target perfectly.

I hear low whispers and gasps from behind, but I've already spun around, my other knife on the way toward another target.

 The rest of the private session is a blur. I throw spears, run, climb, use other weapons... When one of them – her name plate says Sophiette Edersen – whispers something to the Head Gamemaker, she says,

"You may leave now, Miss Wildeman." I glance at the Gamemakers again, and notice one of them, a woman, who sits very still, and watches me. She has a small white flower in her hand – I think it's called a snow drop. I catch her eye, and she winks, before glancing down at her flower. I see her name, Quinia Feyde, and store it into my memory. I have a creeping feeling that this woman tries to say something...

I stand alone in the lift on my way up, replaying the image of the snow drop in my head. Snow drop... it's a flower.

Didn't Caro say she knew Gamemakers? Maybe one of them even was in her team... Snow drop. A codename. I'll ask her some time.

As I exit the lift, the corridor is empty. But when I walk to my door, I hear voices from the living-room. I peak into the room and see Caro and Wella, Rino's prep-team leader, talking about something, pointing at different pictures on the paper on the table in front of them.

Caro notices me, and glances up.

"Oh, hey, Cassi. Did it go well?"

"Yeah, I guess. Hi, Wella," Wella nods at me, then looks back at the paper.

"Well, Caro, I'll check this out, and we'll solve it after the scores, okay?" she says, collecting the papers and pencils scattered around the table.

"That's fine with me, Wella. See you at dinner." Wella nods respectfully to Caro before she leaves the room.

Caro comes forward, hugs me. "Blossom," she whispers. "Cherry blossom."

First, I'm confused. Blossom? Cherry is some kind of red berry... we did a project on that in school years ago. But cherry blossoms? I try to bring back the image, and soon I remember the light pink and white blossoms.