Deadly Game - Chapter 2

Hey again! This upload is for my friends, @theone13 and @DengekiDaisy for giving me opinions on my stories yesterday! Thank you guys, you truly are amazing and I love you! This is also for everyone who I love, and for everyone who have ever read, commented, voted or fanned me.

Can't wait for The Hunger Games movie to come out, I hope they make it good! Is there anyone else who can't wait?

So, please comment, vote and fan!! It makes me more motivated to write :D

<3 Anna

Chapter 2

"Cassie!" My head spins around, searching for the source of the voice. It is Melisea, her light brown hair whipping in the wind. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to..." I stop, trying to come up with an excuse that doesn't sound too suspicious. "I'm going to see Willow."

"Can I come with you?" She asks, still standing in the doorway. I groan, but I can't exactly tell her no. I am going to meet Riccy, but now I will be late.

"Yeah, if you want to." She nods and comes forward, her beauty looking so misplaced in this ugly surrounding. Right then the door opens again, and Denlay appears.

"I believe that it's your turn to watch the children today, young lady!" She says, trying to sound stern but failing miserably. Firstly I think she means me, and start to panic, but then Melisea sighs and calls out,

"Yeah, sorry Denlay, I forgot!" I roll my eyes, surely Melli forgot; she just doesn't like to watch Eric and Adina. Then she turns to me.

"Tell Willow that I'll come meet her some other time."

"Nah, I won't go there today, I'll wait until you can come with me, okay?"

"Then where are you going?"

I don't answer, I am already running away from her. I can't exactly tell her that I am going to meet her brother and discuss suicide plans with him, now can I? No way. So I'd rather not answer at all.

When I come to the old house on the outskirts of the town that is our hiding place, he isn't there. I slump down onto the floor, weak from lack of food. When more minutes pass, I start to get nervous. Riccy is never late to a meeting. Surely he is just caught by his father and trying to make up excuses like me, right?

It is always like this when someone doesn't show up in time. I always start thinking about my parents. Now I fear that Riccy won't come. I just can't stand to sit down, and I am starting to rise when he steps inside.

"Thank God, Riccy!" I throw myself at him and hug him tight. He answeres the hug and I force myself not to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Cassie-girl, I just had to sneak out the backway, dad almost caught me." Riccy knows this reaction, it has happened before. But it was worse back then. Since that he has always been on time.

"It's okay, Ric, I just can't help it." I pull away and sit down again. He sits beside me and takes something from his pocket.

"Here. This is for you." He holds out a small piece of bread, but I push it back.

"I can't take it. Save it for Melli. She deserves it more." He just gives it to me again.

"Well, we can't exactly make up plans if your passed out from lack of food, right?" And then we keep passing it back and forth until I finally agree to eat it.

"Alright, I'll eat it, happy now?"

"No. But happier than before." I eat the piece of bread, and I just can't stop myself from gulping it down in like five seconds. I instantly feel guilty, and wonder if I should have eaten just half of it and saved the rest for Adina.