She knew what she had in him- their marriage was one of mutual respect, admiration, and devotion to the same ideals. They shared a home, a standard of living idea, children, and a sizable 401k. A credit score that was three points from the max, two dogs, three cats, a pool, and a vacation house. They shared the same views on religion and were close enough on politics. They took trips together and with the kids. They always made time for what was really important and they prioritized each other, their finances and shared goals in the same ways. It seemed that every box was checked.

And yet-

The events of the weekend before still sloshed around like crazy in her head. The tenderness and disconnect, the desire and eventual reality, and especially the interaction with Mr. Cuban Cigars.

Despite the ambiguity before her nothing in her past was worth risking her future. Clarity was certain on that one point.

She hadn't been able to put into words the longing or self-destructive behavior that led to her agreeing to meet up with Mr. Wrong Last Name in the first place, but she had managed some consolation with the thoughts that it just couldn't be helped... even though it was and extremely reckless and stupid move in a life which had for a very long time been super deliberate and calculated.

He had unfriended her years ago on Facebook, so she didn't have that catharsis available to her now, but she had unfollowed him on Instagram and thought that would show him... The sad thing was that if he had noticed the slight at all he hadn't said anything. It seemed everything was completely unresolved yet again. Maybe that weirded out morning would finally be their last.

"And if so," she thought, "I'm OK with it."

All she ever wanted was for him to be OK, to be happy, and to thrive. He had a wife and kids, a great career, and many things going for him. They both did. It was unfair for either one of them to start the fire which would burn down their perspective houses. So if he was incapable of staying away she would be the bigger person.

But that didn't mean it wasn't killing her. She hoped a weekend with girlfriends and Jamie Fraser could readjust all her priorities.

"American flight 1536 please report to gate 21 for preboarding" came over the loud speakers.

She folded up Jamie Fraser and put him back in her bag and hurriedly finished her vodka tonic with lime. It was Mr. Wrong Last Name's signature drink, the irony of which was not lost on her.

Sitting down in first class the attendants started welcoming her and asking again if she wanted a mimosa. She was not a drinker by practice, and history had proven more than once that she was simply no good at it. But she was headed to Mexico and had lots to forget. She ordered one. There would be a driver to meet her in Cancun.

The flight was brief and nice. First Class makes everything seem shorter. The new amenity bags American had out were rockin'- Cole Haan leather with lots of goodies. The Husband would love the iPod case, and she couldn't wait for her transatlantic flight later in the fall that would come with pajamas! She rifled through all the goodies and settled on the earphones.

With her soundtrack on and mind distracted, there were plenty of things to look forward to. And even more to be thankful for. She exited the plane and headed towards baggage claim. The heat hit her like a ton of bricks- Cancun was a definite adjustment from her East Coast home! The driver should have already secured her luggage, so all she had to do was make it through customs and look for his sign.

She followed the crowd and wound around to customs. The lines weren't long (which was a major blessing!) and she saw the gathering of drivers up ahead. There were several men holding signs, none of which were hers. "No worries," she thought. Her driver was here somewhere. Her company had it all set up.