Chapter Two

She rolled over to look at her phone and it said 5:10 am. She sighed. She never could sleep late. She thought she remembered breakfast was supposed to be delivered at 8:00 but wasn't completely sure.

Vague pictures and possible memories started to surface in her head- she thought she recalled waking at some point in the night to find him propped up on one elbow putting her hair behind her ear with a long graceful finger. She also thought she remembered him reading the room service menu to her around 2:00 or so... but she couldn't recall making any definitive breakfast decisions. The amount of drinking guaranteed that nothing was completely clear. She smiled at the memory (or lack thereof) and realized that he most likely simply handled breakfast for her. He always did.

My gosh, a man who handles things. Just one of the things she admired about him. A wonderful babysitter for her when needed. "Someone who just takes care of it," she thought to herself with fondness and grinned lying there in the dark. It had been a while since she was in that situation. "Probably about twenty years," she thought.

She stretched, set the phone back on the nightstand and rubbed her eyes. "Hmm," she thought. "I am starving, I wonder what in the world he ordered..." Her back was arched, elbows over her head and feet were sticking out of the covers (what had HAPPENED to the covers?). She wallered around a little self-indulgently, just enjoying the sheets, the lack of an alarm or pending responsibilities, and truthfully just enjoying the totality of her situation.

She rolled back over and reached out to feel for him. She found him breathing deep and evenly- clearly still asleep. She let her fingers linger for a few moments on his abs. He was in great shape- amazing shape- he did not have the kind of body that ordered carbs.

She had asked a couple years ago about his workout routine. "Are you a cardio guy or strictly weights?" She asked.

"Weights and diet," was the response.

Right about now she was thinking he was full of it.

She supposed that he didn't have to be a cardio king as his Instagram account was full of organic this grass fed that... maybe all that willpower could in and of itself force a body to do amazing things. She took a moment and silently hoped he took pity on her last night with the menu. "Please, please, please have circled croissant," she thought. She needed the bread badly to soak up some of last night's liquor.

She could have stayed like that forever listening to him breathe with her hand lightly tracing the lines on his stomach... but she knew she could never go back to sleep. So after a few minutes basking in what might have been she got up and went to the bathroom. She started the tub, put her hair up, brushed her teeth, and came back out to take a peek. He hadn't moved and seemed completely unfazed by the noise of the water and other various sounds of domestication. So she smiled and went back into the spacious bathroom to settle down for a good soak.

Fifteen minutes later she emerged from her bath completely refreshed and then set out to fight the Keurig. What model was this anyway?? Finally figuring it out, she heard him rouse and enter the bathroom. She could hear him showering and shaving and in just a few minutes he materialized ready for the day. Well as ready as one can be in a towel. "My God, what a man," she thought as she smiled at him walking to and fro, looking through the rooms to see where his bag had ended up. Though he didn't look at her he must have felt her gaze, because instantly he lost the towel and walked around the next couple minutes completely naked. She sat on the couch with her legs folded up under her smiling over her coffee cup, wearing the hotel's terrycloth, and enjoying the view.

"Breakfast will be here at 8," he said emotionless and without bothering to look over towards her. "You should probably get dressed."

It was just 6:05.