Chapter 3: The Realization

CH 3 The realization  (Short Chapter)

 Back at the cabin.....

Bane woke up suddenly in a cold sweat.  He looked around and saw no one was there, so he took a chance and shifted to his wolf form.  He was instantly feeling better; however he now knew something was off.  He sniffed deeply and noticed Troy was gone.  Bane knew the other three were gone but where was Troy?  Bane got up and looked around quietly, knowing he was in his werewolf form.  He could not find him.  He took another big sniff and caught his scent outside.  Ban ran to the door where his scent was strongest; near a trail thye had carved out a long time ago.  Bane ran to the woods and without hesitation, started to follow the scent.   Bane thought to himself, "This is twice he has gone into these woods.  Does this kid have a death wish?"  Bane knew that he was attracted to Troy, but he couldnt get over the intense love he had for him.   He wanted to just take him and claim him as his own, but he did not know how Troy would react.  All of these questions flooded into his head hazing his ability to find Troy.  Bane stopped and put his fingers on his temples in contemplation of how their lives would play out.

Meanwhile...

I had started to hobble back to the cabin.  I kept hearing twigs snap.  I looked at teh direction of each snap.  I started to get paranoid and began to hobble faster.  Unbeknowing to me, Garr was looking out from the bushes and smiling evily.  Gar then looked back to the other two pack mates: Ley and Line.  "Looks like we are gonna have human, the other white meat, tonight."  Gar said with a little snicker at his pun.  Ley and Line both looked at each other and smiled just as evily as Garr.  They then began to stalk me.  Bane was closer to where i was due to being able to smell me  (what was it about humans that made us all easy to track?)  Bane could tell that i was injured, but there was another scent that Bane smelled.... Garr....  Bane stopped and howled loudly....  "AAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"  I heard the howl and stopped terrified in my tracks.   Garr heard the howl as well causing them to stop.  They knew they were on Bane's land and that this could turn into an ugly fight, but Garr said, "Fuck it."  

I finally broke out of my petrification and hussled to a tree and climbed up in.  Garr looked back and saw that i was gone.  Garr's sense of smell sucked so he charged looking for me.  Bane continued to run to where i was and now, Royce, Robin, and Aero, hearing the howl, had caught up.  "What is going on?"  Aero asked telepathically "I do not know... I woke up and Troy was gone and i can catch the scent of garr.  If he does anything to him, he will not see the light of day ever again."  Bane replied angrily.  They continued their charge and were only a thousand feet away.  

I looked down to see three wolf like creatures running beneath me.  My eyes grew wide as i tried to control my breathing; I had caught a glimpse of Garr and his pack.  Ley stopped at the tree I was in and smiled while looking at Line and Garr.  All three simultaneously looked up at me.  I froze.  Garr and his pack started to growl and jump up the tree.  I could not believe what was going on.  a wolf trying to get at me and kill me.  Bane finally reached them and his eyes turned pure black.  He was infuriated that Garr was trying to get at his mate.  They each split up to take on Garr and his group.  Bane tackled Garr out of the tree.  

I watched as the other wolf came and attacked the one trying to get at me in the tree.  I sat up in the tree frozen for a few seconds, then began to climb down as fast as i could.  I fell out of the tree onto my back, landing on a rock.  I could hear my spine crack, but it was of no importance no; I needed to get out of there.  

Bane saw me and winced in pain as i hit the ground.  He also saw me begin to run back to the house.  Bane then telepathically told Aero, "Get back to the house and shift back.  He needs someone he knows.  Do not tell him anything about this.  If he mentions it..... lie to him until we get back."  The word 'lie' rolled off of banes tongue like poison.  Aero stopped, nodded and headed back to the cabin.  

End Chapter 3.

Sorry this chapter was short.  But i wanted to break up this chapter because stuff finally started to get interesting in the next chapter.   I have a few people reading, but no one is commenting so i dont know what is working and what you think is not :/   Still waiting to see who will be my first comment.  I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.  This story will go on for a long time.  No need to worry if you do like the story.