Chapter 17:

His eyes stared into mine. I swallowed. An awkward silence fillled the car. I started it, and said simply, "Do you need a ride?"

He nodded. I pulled the car into gears and put on some music. Ironically, the song, 'I knew you were trouble' by Taylor Swift came on.

"Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now." Taylor's voice sounded over the speaker.

I sank deeper into my chair.

"Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh. I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on me now. Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground."

Oops.

"No apologies. He'll never see you cry,
Pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why.
You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning.
Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be
And now I see, now I see, now I see."

I reached over and switched the radio off again. Damn this is so awkward.

I almost screamed in delight as the hotel came into view. I stopped the car, and climbed out grabbing my bag. I walked up the stairs without saying a word.

If he wanted to speak to me, he should've said something in the car. I ran into the lift and pushed the close door button a few times.

"Come on come one come on!!" I shout in frustration. Finally the door start to close and I saw Josh's face appear. He frowns and runs to the lift but it was too late. The doors closed fully and I was on my journey up.

I ran out the lift and into my hotel room. It was still dark and I closed the door as quickly as I came in. I leaned against it and sighed.

And then, the tears started to flow. I tried to stop them. He wasn't worth my tears. He's just a stupid guy. I rested my head against the door. And sighed. Stupid stupid Josh! I shouldn't be crying over him. I wiped my face and stood up and walked to the bathroom. I looked at the big mirror. The girl looking back at me looked angry. Raged and unhappy. Her makeup was a little smudged. Who am I kidding? The girl in the mirror looked angry, yes, but she also looked heartbroken and vulnerable.

I threw a facecloth at the mirror and I shouted at the girl. "Stop it! Man up! Stop being so vulnerable! You..."

Tears started to fall again, but it wasn't out of sadness but it was out of anger. Anger because I fell into his trap. I feel so used and stupid. How could I be so blind? So naive? I wasn't only angry at Josh I was angry at myself. Don't get me wrong, I am super mad at Josh but I am even madder at myself.

I sighed. I walked into the bedroom and flopped down on the bed. I punched the duvet. "You stupid stupid girl Annabelle!" I shouted. I screamed. I rested my face on duvet. Screaming again.

Another sob escaped my lips. Stop it! Stop crying! You silly baby!! I wiped the tears on my sleeve again and I grabbed a pillow and rested my head on it. I closed my eyes and I allowed myself to sleep. It was better there than here anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I groaned as I woke up. My hair was scattered all over my face, I'm not even gonna lie. I felt like a mess. When I looked in the mirror, I sure did look like one. I had the clothes on from yesterday. Wait... Is it yesterday? Whatever. The sun was shining through the curtains and it was a brand new day. It was 8:23 am to be exact. I grabbed a towel and headed into shower.

I turned on the water and let it rinse off everything that happened yesterday. When I was satisfied with my cleanliness, I got out the shower. I dried myself off and got dressed. I got dressed into a white hundreds which reached mid thighs and I added my lime coloured vans on, and I out my sunglasses. I grabbed my bag and the suitcase with all my racing gear in it and walked out happy. I was going to train for my race. Whihc is tomorrow. Wait. Shoot!!! It's tomorrow!!! I nearly had a mid heart attack.

Well, I have today. Just today.

I walked out the hotel and put my bag in the front of the car and the racing gear in the back, but I left my helmet in the front seat. I types in the GPS corodinates that Dylan had sent me and the lady's voice came on.

My breath caught in my throat when I arrived at the place. The view was absolutely gorgeous. I could see the boats from the harbour and the sea was breath taking.

I climbed out the car. This wasn't a race track. This was a viewpoint. I laughed at my brother. He did this on purpose. I walked up to a bench and sat down. I looked beside me and there was a piece of paper folded and taped to the bench. I shrugged and pulled it off the bench and opened the letter.

Dear Annabelle Blake,

I sent you here because I heard what happened between you and Josh. Just know that I am going to hit his head in when I see him.

You at beautiful. I am very lucky to have you as a sister. You are a gorgeous girl inside and out and you have a huge amount of courage that I can only hope to have.

Thank you for doing this whole racing thing for me. I know that it is a lot of pressure on you, which isn't fair, but you are going to rock it tomorrow.

You are an inspiration to me, and i know that you are going to make me very proud. Even though I am extremely proud to be your older brother. You are also going to make our parents regret everything that they have said to try and change you. You are special just the way you are.

Now go out there, and ride Annabelle. Igonre the other racers. Proove everyone wrong that a girl can't race. I know that you are going to leave everyone in your dust.  So drive Annabelle. Drive. Get that adrenaline pumping. Enjoy the feeling. I will see you later.

I love you, but as a business man, I have to say,

Kind Regards,
Dylan Blake

I was almost in tears. Both happy tears and sad tears. I was ready. Ready to race. Ready to win.