Chapter 27

I remember running all the way back to the busy streets and quickly flailing my arms around in a desperate attempt to catch a cab. My mind was racing so fast my actions were ahead of my thoughts. I didn't think about the consequence of my actions as I slammed the car door shut and yelled at the driver to step on it. My heart was beating too fast, more so than should be normal, but I wanted to get there before I changed my mind. 

I made a mistake, I had to fix it. I had to get to him, and fast. I felt like screaming as the London traffic seemed to slow in contrast to my growing anger. I grumbled to myself miserably and shoved the driver some cash, probably over my total, and flung the car door open because I was too anxiety ridden to stay put any longer. 

I had never run so much in my life but I didn't care. The cab took me close enough. I had run a block and a half in under five minutes, earning myself strange looks from passer by's. Breathing seemed nearly impossible as I finally made it to the doors of the gym. I payed no attention to the receptionist or the trainers glowering at me for running through their halls. I stopped when I made it to the room which Harry almost never left. The ring set in the middle and one lonely person leaning against the side. My eyes frantically searched the room before cursing and joining the stranger. 

"Where's Harry?" I demanded, without so much as a hello to greet the person. There just wasn't any time. 

His eyes popped open wide at the sight of me, his eyes quickly scanning over my excited form. The adrenaline was still pumping through me at a quick pace. "I uh, I don't know, he didn't come to practice today" he shrugged. "I heard he and Levy went on some 'off the map' training place?"

I cursed, rather loudly before giving the stranger a small thank you and bolting out of the room. I didn't bother with a cab again and continued my run, the adrenalin I felt pushing me through my exhaustion. By the time I reached Harry's street, the tears I had been holding back were rolling down my cheeks. His car was no where in sight but it didn't stop me from bursting into the house and searching every inch. I stopped in what was our bedroom just a 2 weeks ago. 

I set myself on the edge of the bed, feeling the energy that had filled my body for so long, slowly drain out, and quickly pulled out my phone. My fingers frantically tapped the screen before lifting the mobile to my ear and listening to the monotone ringing on the other end of the line. 

"Hello?"

"Lou?! Have you seen Harry?" 

"I- what? No I haven't" he answered seemed confused. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"No" I cried "I found the fucking ring Lou, he was going to propose, I'm so fucking stupid!" My breathes were still labored,and every word that flew from my mouth came out watery and depressed. I never thought I could screw something up so badly.

"woah woah woah, calm down babe. it's alright"he soothed, gently. "you made a mistake, that's alright, we all do. Harry is still in love with you, madly in love I may add. I'm sure nothing has changed"

"Then why would he throw it away?" I whispered, rolling the band between my fingers carefully. it hadn't rusted from the rain or even been dirtied in the slightest. I held the phone between my ear and shoulder, and gently slipped my-the ring over its designated finger, my heart warmed when it fit perfectly.