Chapter 5

"Lou I don't know what to do. She won't listen to a damn thing I say!"

"Harry, calm down. She's a girl who's had a lot of trust issues with men I mean Max? The ass hole cheated on her twice and tried to violate her in the middle of a club!"

"And who's the one that stopped him? Me! If anything I should be the person she trusts most." 

"Well I can't blame her for being stubborn I mean you took her on a long vacation then disappeared on her, not to mention you almost...well kinda did cheat on her DURING that vacation. Maybe you need to do something to really prove you'd never do something like that."Louis babbled, peeling the sticker from his beer bottle as he spoke" I'm not saying put an engagement ring on her finger but let her know you're faithful, after all you are a million miles away from her with girls practically groveling at your feet"

I sighed, letting my head fall into my hands as I sat on the edge of Lou's sofa. I heard the clang of glasses and presumed Lou had gotten up to get more beer. But I just didn't know what to do. I sat for a bit while Lou wandered his kitchen until an idea hit me like a brick wall. What did Cryssy always believe? What I write and sing. I'll write her a song, I can do that! "I've got it!" 

Louis looked back to me strangely. "you've got what?" he questioned, ambling back and handing me a fresh bottle. 

"I know how to make her believe me Lou..." I breathed "but....shit I need to get started" I hopped up from my seat and left the drink on the table as I rushed out, I could faintly here Louis' light foot steps following behind me.

"Wait! What are you starting?! What's your plan?! Damnit...Harry!!" he called but I was already rushing down the steps of Louis building and towards my car, my mind was already working out lyrics and a tune to flow along with it. 

My journal was tucked away in the glove compartment of my car but I needed my guitar. During the rush home I scribbled out some lyrics at stop lights. The amount of ease worked into the song felt amazing, I guess when you have inspiration like this you can come up with anything. For hours I didn't stop writing when I made it home, I played it until my fingers were sore and even then kept on for awhile. I wanted it to be perfect. Even if I know I did nothing wrong I want her to know I don't want anyone else in the world but her.

 It was nearly two am when I felt the song was finally complete, but I needed something else. Something to show I really meant all this. The new idea I came up with wavered in my mind, it was a big step. One I wasn't sure I'd want to take. We haven't even been together a year yet.....meaning this quite possible could be the biggest mistake I could make. 

Uncertainty seemed to constrict me as I walked into the jewelry story, the older woman behind the counter smiled kindly. "how can I help you honey?"

"I uh, I'm not sure" I answered honestly, shoving my hands into my jean pockets nervously.

"I know that look young man" the lady smiled, showing off her many wrinkles and kind eyes. " you're here to look at engagement rings" 

Cryssy-

Walking into  class on Monday I still hadn't talked to Harry. I felt awful and guilty and just like a plain horrible person. Here he come home to see me and what did I do? I completely blew up on him like a total jerk. I didn't even let him explain for crying out loud but....the news seems so convincing...