Chapter 10

"I hate that doctor" I confessed to Harry over the phone. He was back on tour until our next appointment in a  month. 

"Dude was creepy" Harry muttered, I could here a gust of wind hit the speaker and smiled at the image of Harry flopping down onto his bed. I was currently sprawled out on my own bed, Harry's side empty but if I closed my eyes it was like he was almost there with me. "If he touches you inappropriately I will kill him" Harry said seriously making me laugh. 

"babe, that's kind of his job at the moment. To make sure both the baby and I are healthy..."

"you know what I mean" he huffed. "I just don't want you to see him without me there alright? He's...he-"

"looks like a serial killer?" I laughed. 

"Precisely!" 

I smiled but rolled my eyes. "Well I should go, I have school tomorrow and El wants to take me maternity clothes shopping already" 

"But you're barely showing!" Harry answered exasperated. 

"I think El's just excited about there being a baby around...one that isn't her age and talks back" I chuckled, referring to the way Eleanor always seemed to make me the baby of the group.

"Well I guess we got a baby sitter if we ever need one" he laughed. 

I giggled "Definitely" I sighed again and rolled onto my side. "Well I'm going to bed, goodnight Harry"

"Goodnight...I love you" Harry said. 

I smiled "I love you too" 

The line went dead and I threw my phone on the charger before lying back down. Everything was finally coming together...and I think this time...I'm ready for it. And for hours I thought about it, about what our future would be. It was 3 am before I finally slept and it was weird to think Harry and I could actually pull this off. 

But in the morning those lovely thoughts had all vanished, my dreams had been tainted by memories or my parents fighting again. These dreams hadn't bothered me in years but now I could see why, Harry and I were identical to my parents. They met in college, fought constantly but loved each other anyways, now they were old, bitter, and miserable. The fighting they did every night tore me apart as a child, how could you ever stay together but hate each other at the same time?

I remember coming home early one day to find my mother with another man. I remember the screaming until 4 in the morning from my father accusing her of being a slut but a week later my baby sitter became unusually friendly with my father. Would Harry and I become like that as parents? We fight over silly things now but could they really progress like that?

~

"This semester's English project on poetry will be for you all to write a song. I want a well written original song from each of you. It must include real music along with it. It could be a beat from another song but the words must be yours. I'm hoping this will be a good way for you all to really be creative and make use of simile's, metaphors etc. I'll have the due date set in a few weeks. That's all, class dismissed."