A Prelude to Love

As usual I arrived early in our meeting place, the coffee shop, I  am wearing a purple long sleeved and grey shorts and shoes and my leather bag. I should have known better that my bestfriend is the epitome of tardiness. We are suppose to meet here 5:00 pm and I arrived half an hour early. While waiting for her, I ordered a venti  strawberry frappe and sat at the corner. Its almost an hour and a half past 5:00 pm and she hasnt arrived yet, so I grabbed the phone in my bag and sent her a couple of messages asking her where she is now. After a minutes she replied "almost there, its very traffic" to which I replied "if you left early you wouldnt have been stuck in traffic!". My bestfriend arrived after I consumed my third cup of strawberry frappe. When she approached me, I told her "for the love of achilles! I waited for more than two hours now im starving. And for keeping me wait this long, you owe me a meal", she just said "fine, fine!"  The reason why she wants to meet up with me is that, she just want to hang out with me, she is such a random girl, I dont blame here. Her mother married an american chemical engineer and is now living in the U.S managing her own chain of convenience store while her father is a retired supervisor in the city wharf -talk about rich kid!. Well let me introduce myself, I am Harlequin Kyel but my bestfriend calls me Kyle while the rest calls me Harly or King. I am 20 years old, I am fair skinned and has an average body build(4 pack abs), I stand 5'7 1/2 and weighs 65 kgs. I can say proudly that I dont look bad- girls would sometimes stare at me when I pass by them and gets compliments once or twice- I am an established dancer/teacher and lastly a HOPELESS ROMANTIC! You cant blame me for being single, I know! I know, what about the girls, like duh, im gay! So yeah girls are off the radar for me.

My bestfriend Louise and I arrived at a place shes been yearning to try, its an overview of the city, it looks great from where we are, the flickering lights are like gold chunks in the sand. The ambience is pretty chill and you can feel the breeze and smell the scent of nature. I have never been here before, so it was exhilarating for me to try this place. We went on to sit on a table near balcony so that the scenery wont be spoiled by other costumers taking pictures. She ordered buttered prawns, buffalo wings, double half steaks well done, a chocolate lava cake, two glass of bottomless pineapple juice and a bucket of beer to be served after our hearty meal. When the food is served, I was like "whoooooooo!! Can we finish everything" and she is like "have faith my friend, have faith!". This girl eats like there is no tomorrow and no, she's not fat! How could she maintain that waistline. After we finished our meal, she asked for the beer to be served. We were drinking more than what two people could consume. We were chatting about life, love, school, food, travel and whatever we could think off. We were in the middle of our conversation when something hit me from the back that made me spill the beer I was drinking. I was so pissed off that I stood up to face what could possibly hit me. When I turned to face it, it was not an it, but a he. He immediately said sorry and told me his friends and him was being rowdy until one of his friends pushed him and he lost balance and stumbled towards me. I was just there, stood in awe. His face is chiseled to perfection, he is taller than me, his eyes are a deep pair of hazel brown and his lips looks very inviting,  when my friend snapped me out of that trance she said to them "its ok for me, but I dont know with my bestfriend here, he is wet and smelling alchohol! Will he ever be ok?", her voice is hinting something, she might have noticed that I just stood there when one moment I was red in anger. He then told us "right, I have a spare clean shirt in my car, that would compensate the trouble I caused", and after saying that he stormed away from us and his friends who is still looking scared. He returned with a plain black shirt at hand and told me "its ok you can have it, I always bring spare clothes everytime, no need to return it too.." so I grabbed them and went directly to the powder room to change my shirt. When I return to where my bestfriend is sitted, she was smiling crazily. I asked where'd he went, she said they left already and she said he left a message saying he is sorry. She suddenly broke into a loud squeal and said "bes!!!! Can you believe it? He asked for my number, that handsome piece of meat! I thank their rowdy playing and you getting spilt with!". This night turned out great for her eventually, with the sacrifice of my favorite shirt smelling alchohol, ugh!!!! We had a few more bottles until we decided to call it a night. I asked the waiter if there are available taxis waiting outside, because I wont rely my life to my drunk bestfriend who possibly might not be able to drive. The waiter said, " in 30 minutes time sir our employee shuttle will leave along with some of the staff, by this time there are no taxis waiting outside, would that be ok sir?" I said it would be great, its better than risking our lives with her driving, she could just return the next morning to get her car though.

I went home tipsy but still at my right mind, when I looked in the mirror, I remember the guy who made me spill my drink. And out of the blue I smiled, thinking, yeah! He is straight for sure, he asked for my bestfriends number. How may I hold up against her, shes pretty, awesome curves and rich too! I sighed and said out loud, "you should be happy,  youd get to keep his shirt!" I stood there looking at my reflection. Then I fiddled with my phone and played songs on shuffle. I changed my clothes and laid down, until a familiar feeling of sleep took me.

To be continued. ....

*im sorry for this boring chapter, but I hope you bear with me.