Meet again

After everyone filed out of the large room all the servants were sweeping and dusting and cleaning up.
I started cleaning up the tables when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around but Zuko was already walking away. What was that for? I raised my eyebrow then turned back to my table where a small sheet of paper was sitting.

I opened the sheet of paper and read the short note.

My room, in 10 minutes.

The note read.
I rolled my eyes and continued picking up plates. "What is that Katara?" Haru snuck up on me.
"Nothing." I stuffed the strip of paper in my pocket. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hey watch it buddy!" My face was bright red and my back inclined.

"Come on Katara tell me." He said laughing.

"No." My voice went high and I pushed him off of me. He let go.

"Okay then." He paused and I relaxed and turned back around to the table once again. "Maybe this will." I heard him behind. My hand right to my pocket and it was empty. I bolted back around but he was already reading the note.

"Someone going of a secret date?" He wiggled his eyebrows. My face was burning.

"Seriously stop!" I marched off.
"Going to your boyfriend?" I heard him scream. I growled and through my arms in the air.

When I was walking Suki caught up with me. "Hey are you okay?" I sighed.

"Why do you guys always bug me about Zuko?" I held my hand up in question.
She smiled and rested her shoulder on my shoulder.

"Because we hear everything that you don't." She said simply. I stopped suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I turned to her. She smiled warmly.

"Ever since we were little Zuko has been talking about you." She paused. "I used to clean Zuko's room. He would talk to me about his 'girl problems'." She laughed. I blushed slightly.

"And I know a love face when I see on." She poked my cheeks.
I looked at my feet. "I don't like him like that. Not completely at least."

"I know." I raised my face back up to her and I gave a face that screamed really?
"Let me finish." She bled up her finger. "I know you don't love him now, but you will." I crossed my arms.

"And how do you know that." I raised my eyesbrows.
"Because there is a reason you were brought here." And Suki walked off.

That made no since.

I shrugged and walked off to Zuko's room.
I made my way through the halls slowly, admiring all the art on the walls. When I got to the Royal family hallway I looked to my left to see a large mural of Fire Lady Ursa painted next to her door. It was very beautiful.
I sighed and touched my fingers to the wall where Ursa's hand was.

Then I continued to Zuko's room. I knocked on the door. He opened the door. "Katara, I see you got my note."
I smiled, "yeah how could I not, it was literally right up front so the whole could see. it's not like you hid it or anything." I walked inside.

"So what did you need to talk about?" I walked over to his bed and sat down. Zuko stood faced away from me.

"I- I'm sorry." He said putting his hands on the back of his head.

"What for?"
"For not messaging you in almost a year, I was just having a hard time excepting the death of my mother." He looked to the floor.

"I don't know why your apologizing for that. I'm still not over the death of my mother. It's something your not supposed to get over. I understand Zuko. Remember. We're more alike than you think." I stood and walked over to him.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" He shook his head. Then he turned around to face me. I looked up to his burnt eye. How did that happen? I hope he didn't do that to himself.

"Zuko I-" but he interrupted me.
"No, don't say anything." He leaned in slowly and kissed me lightly on the lips. My eyes widened and I pushed him off quickly.

"What do you think you doing?!" I screamed and backed away from him.
His eyes softened. "Katara I'm sorry I-" I held a finger up.

"What are you thinking?" I walked closer to him and grabbed him by his chest armor pulling him down to my face and starring daggers at him.

"I." He tried. "I." But he stopped. "I don't know. I'm sorry I invited you here. Please leave." He shot back. I loosened my grip of armor.

I really do like Zuko his kiss was so gentle my lips were stinging with pleasure. But this won't ever work. He's the prince I'm the servant. And as much as I want to kiss him back out labels should stay the same.

I looked into his gold eyes. They looked irritated. "I really like you Zuko." I whispered looking down at his lips. He softened.
"Then why-"
"Because this is not how it works. You have to be with a noble women. I'm with no one. Definitely not the prince of a country." I sighed and leaned in to kiss him.

His lips were so soft and gentle. His breathing was rigid.
"Good bye Zuko." I broke away from the kiss. He moved his hand to my neck.

"No, please Katara." His other hand came to my wrist.

"Zuko it doesn't work like this. Now I have to go to bed." I pulled out of his grip and and left his room. Zuko was shocked in place.

If I wanted to leave and if knew it wasn't right then why did I kiss him!? That was stupid!

Well at least I don't have to worry about it anymore! I can finally let go of him and ignore him!