Deliver

We made our way through the large crowds of people in the market. We had guards surrounding us on all sides. 'Extra precautions' I guess. Azula looked down every ally way until something caught her eye.
Azula held up her hand to stop in our tracks. "Stay here." She said quickly and walked off.

"What is she doing?" I said when Azula was around the corner. I saw Mai and Ty Lee eye each other, then shrug.

"Who knows." Mai said dryly.
"I think you do." I mumbled. Mai growled and Ty Lee put a hand on her shoulder.

"Remind me why we brought her?" Mai shoved Ty Lee's hand off. Ty Lee ignored it and walked over to me.

"To hold our bags is what Azula told me." Ty Lee smiled from ear to ear.

"Why couldn't we get one of these nuckleheands to do it." Ty Lee shrugged and we all continued standing in silence.

Then Azula came around the corner scowling.
"We are going home." She said through gritted teeth.
Mai and Ty Lee nodded and started to move by her sides.

"What? Why you guys didn't even get anything!" I said angrily. My hands were on my hips and my face was red with heat.
She makes me steal money for her, from her father! Then we walk to the market only to not buy anything! I did not just waste my time going through that work for nothing!

"That's right, we're going home. And if you were in your right mind Katara you wouldn't talk back like that to royalty." She whispered full anger.
I scowled and continued walking with her group.

ZKZKZKZKZKZKZKZKZKZKZ

"Tonight is Zuko's birthday ball right?" Toph said reclining in my bed.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Yes Toph, that is correct."
Suki turned around to listen in. "Haven't seen that guy in forever." She slouched.

"Are you guys talking about the prince?" One of the guys, actually the same guy who was waiting behind me at the sink, joined in.

"Yeah, what of it." Toph started to stand. The guys backed up slightly.

"Nothing I was just listening in. I'm Haru by the way." He held his hand out to me.
I smiled and shook it.
"Katara." I replied. But before I could say anything else about 50 of the bells in the servants quarters rung at the same time. And followed by that was a bunch of groans and shuffling.

I bell rand as well as Suki's, Toph's and Haru's. We all sighed and got ready to go out.

Then a bunch a servants marched up the steps. When we got to the top a line of guards were waiting for us.
"Tonight is the ball, stay in position, don't do anything to embarrass the royal family." The guard seemed rather bored. But hey I was bored too, because I can't wait to hold a tray for hours and stand in place. Yippee.

We all got different trays of foods and drinks. I was already clumsy enough, hand me a fray with expensive China and that will just put the cherry on top.

But even though I was bored out of my mind, my stomach twisted at the thought is seeing Zuko again after all this time.

I smiled. "Someone looks happy." Haru said on my right.

"Someone is thinking about a certain Prince, I'm guessing." Suki said on my left.

My cheeks were bright red. "Mm and I'm guessing that same someone has a crush?" Toph said on the other side of Suki.

"Unbelievable." I protested.

Then the music started and people dressed in fancy dresses and uniforms and armor came pouring in.
I sighed as people took drinks from by tray. But my eyes were glued on the raised platform. The floor Zuko would walk on any second.

But he hasn't shown up yet. It's okay he will show up. Until then I looked around to the room to see our guests.
My eye caught Azula and Ty Lee.
Ty Lee wore a pink frilly dress that was  strapless and had a sweetheart neckline with small jewels.
Azula's was very body fitting. It was black and deep maroon red that came up the back and wrapped around her neck like a necklace.

They were actually pretty nice dresses. How she got them, I don't know. 
Now, where is the third partner in crime?

"Presenting to you Prince Zuko and lady Mai." A announcer said into a megaphone.
My head shot to the side so I could see Zuko walk in. Everyone went silent so you could hear footsteps. When Zuko walked in everyones mouth dropped.
His hair was not in a pony tail anymore. It was not in a traditional slightly long cut. That was actually really handsome. It made him look older. But his hair was not the only thing that was different. He had a large fire burn on the side of his face. It oddly wasn't discussing either. I thought it made him look even more beautiful.

But Zuko seemed to be uncomfortable with all the eyes on him. He pulled Mai slightly closer. Mai.
Well I guess now it's Zuko and Mai. Not that it hasn't been before when they were dating. But now it hurts 10 times worst because I guess I did feel something for him.

Never tell Suki or Toph. I noted to my self.
After everyone calmed down about Zuko's transformation, they all continued dancing and talking.
Zuko and Mai sat down on the elevated platform. He kept on looking around in the crowed, and he gave a uncomfortable cringe. Then his eyes lined up with me. I quickly looked away.
Suki leaned over slowly. "Smooth."
"Shut up." I whispered back.

I dared my self to take another glance and Zuko was standing. Mai widened her eyes and said something to him. I was to far away to hear anything they said. Zuko shook his head and started walking off the platform.

And he started walking my direction. Great! Great! Please try embarrassing me even more universe I think you didn't do it enough last time!
Just don't do anything stupid.

Zuko approached our section. "Katara, it's been a while." His facial expression didn't change. I nodded quickly and tried bowing but my try hit my head and one of the drinks spilled over. Toph was laughing so hard she started snorting.
"Ah!" I screeched and grabbed a cloth from my pocket. I glared at Toph. I was about to bend down again the Zuko grabbed the tray from my hand.

"Might not want to bend down again with this in your hand." He smiled and held the tray infront of him. I gave a nervous whimper. And wiped it up.

"Thank you." I grabbed the tray backdrop him.
He nodded. "Two drinks please." My face went strait.
Even when he doesn't say her name it still makes me cringe. Not as much as the embarrassing thing I just did but still.

I gave him two glasses. And kept my eyes off of him. He waited for a second. "Thank you." I nodded, my eyes still in the crowd. He bent down. "You know one day I would like to see you smile." He smirked. I scoffed. Trust me Zuko, That was romantic to me. But you can't know that.

He sighed giving up and started walked off. "It's good to see you again as well your highness." I mumbled. He stopped in his tracks and looked back and smiled.