A New Life

I was getting dressed near my bed with Suki and Toph. My glazed my fingers over my necklace. Some of the other servants I knew, Jin and Song, were talking about Zuko in the corner of the bathhouse. I listened in on their conversation.

"Zuko hasn't left his room hardly at all for almost a year." Jin lifted her hand up to fix her bangs.
"Yeah I'm worried about him. He was always so nice to me. And he's really handsome-" okay now Song was getting off topic. Her face was slightly flushed.
My heart twisted at Song's 'love' for Zuko or what ever you want to call it.

I finished putting my clothes on and I sat on my bed.
I was really worried about Zuko. Every time I tried to go to his room he locked the door, and I haven't spoken to him in almost a year, he should be 21 soon.
He has almost nothing left, except for a nice place to stay. Which is better than I can say for myself, but just think about what his father might be doing to him now that Ursa isn't here.

I was almost asleep when a loud clutter came from the door. We all turned to the door to see a guard standing at the door. "By decree of Fire Lord Ozia, I'm sorry to say but we have to use the men's quarters for something important so they will be moving in here." The guard did not look sorry at all. He moved to the side to let the guys pour in.

My eyes widened. How am I supposed to shower now! I groaned and slammed my head into a pillow.
"Great." I whispered sarcastically. Suki leaned on her shoulder.
"Hey it can't be that bad." Toph shrugged from her top bunk.

But boy was she wrong. All of the girls had to sleep two to a bed.
Toph and I sleep together that night. "This is ridiculous." I whispered.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for all of the short chapters! I'm just trying to publish something everyday. So I will hopefully be able to write more tomorrow.
-Kasidyclay