Demons in the Sky

Start from the beginning

Ryder vomited but the gag on his mouth kept the hot bile searing in his throat and on his tongue. "How I've missed you, sweet one." Gabriel giggled. Tears cascaded down Ryder's handsome face. He wished he could die. Death would be a mercy. Gabriel's touch changed, he gripped Ryder's jaw securing it in place. Leaning forward he licked the tears from Ryder's cheek. "I've missed the feel of you. But now I will feel you," he pressed his moist, cold lips against Ryder's ear, "again and again."

An almighty blast made the ground tremble. Rolling onto her back Lauren stared up at the row of houses. Heat engulfed her as flames whooshed out of the windows. Thick, black smoke billowed in a vast column, blocking out the sky, and clinging to her throat and eyes. A demon flew overhead, shrieking gleefully. It dropped what it had been holding and something heavy thudded to the ground at Lauren's feet, splattering blood up her shins. She nudged it with the edge of her foot. A child's head stared up between her legs, mouth still open in a soundless scream. Lauren's gaze snapped up to the infested sky, her eyes shining as bright and cold as diamonds.

The vehicle swerved and Ryder grunted in pain. Gabriel's sickening smile didn't falter. He had Ryder pinned beneath him and continued his harsh thrusts, riding him mercilessly. The veins in Ryder's neck stood out as his face flushed scarlet. He screamed but from behind his gag, only the desperate wailings of an animal escaped. The side of his face was pressed up against the trucks floor. He tried to focus on the feel of the cold, hard steel against his cheek, to numb himself to what was happening - as he'd always done before.

The vehicle veered again and it seemed they were driving much faster now. Gabriel huffed and grunted, his sweat causing their skin to stick together. He moaned as he came, making one long, inarticulate sound of pleasure. Lowering himself, he rested his head against Ryder's dark hair.

"Your blood's on my cock." Gabriel's spit trailed from his mouth and dripped onto Ryder's nose. "Your filthy, tainted blood," his voice was breathless and so unbearably sweet.

Suddenly the truck lost connection with the ground and they were rolling. Ryder braced himself as his body collided between the trucks hard walls. The pain slammed into his body and he and Gabriel became tangled as the truck rolled across the highway. The truck teetered on its side for an awful moment, the metal groaning under its weight, before finally crashing down and coming to a halt. Ryder stirred slowly and looked over to his master. A thin trail of blood gleamed on Gabriel's forehead but his pale gaze was sharp and clear. Snarls filled the air outside and the metal shrieked as the doors were prized open. Ryder squinted in the harsh sunlight.

Lauren fired her gun at the creatures' heads. The bullets struck but she watched in dismay as the demons flesh healed again and again. Screaming in frustration, she threw herself at the demon before her. She pinned it to the ground, trapping its wing under her knee, and slashed viciously with her knife. The demon shrieked and writhed. Lauren gritted her teeth, black demon blood soaking her dirty face.

The demon extended a long forked tongue and planted a slobbery lick over her mouth. Lauren recoiled and was instantly yanked off the creature by an attack from her side. She was flying through the air, rising higher and higher. The demons claws held her securely under her armpits, the talons digging painfully into her flesh. As she watched, the people on the ground grew smaller and panic gripped her.

The demon unhooked its talons, dropping her. Just in time, Lauren seized its leg and she clung onto its clammy flesh. The creature thrashed, attempting to kick her off. Grunting, she pulled her body up and was able to reach one of its large wings. They started to spin in the air, tilting dramatically and plummeting a couple of feet. The demon shrieked, its hot, foul breath assaulting her face. She gagged, her grip loosening.