"Honestly, I'm not sure. He could want to just sleep with you, but he's really nice, so just consider him as a new friend." She patted my arm and then left.

I sighed, the music quiet in the room. I sat on one of the couches, sinking into the plush. I had no idea what was on the television, and was too transfixed on trying to figure out what the characters were saying since they were speaking Spanish to notice the bathroom door open.

"Ah, I see you've made yourself comfortable."

When I turned to look and see who was talking to me, I felt like the biggest idiot there was. Carla and all them probably thought I was so stupid for not knowing who the hell they were talking about. They said this guy owns the club and pretty much everything, and that he was voted sexiest man alive before. Who else could it be other than Lafayette Jeff?

I tried to play it cool. "Oh, uh...yeah. I um...uh..."

"I'm Lafayette," he said, walking over to me.

"Of course, yeah. I know. I'm...I'm Emerson."

"Emerson? Or just Em?"

"Em is fine. Whatever is fine." I wasn't playing it that cool.

He grabbed two drinks from the bar and sat next to me. "Here," he said. "This might help you calm your nerves a bit."

I nodded, taking a big gulp of the mixed drink. "Yeah, sorry, it's just...it's you, you know."

He nodded, the famous smirk on his lips. "Yes. You don't have to be nervous around me, okay? I'm just here to get to know you."

"Why?" I took another big gulp.

"You just...are very cute."

"Oh, so you want to get to know me physically?" I covered my mouth. "Fuck, sorry. I-"

"No, Em it's okay. This night can go however you want it to go. You can say whatever you want to say to me. Don't worry about anything, okay? I don't get offended easily."

I nodded. "Yeah, okay." I chugged the rest of my drink.

He chuckled. "I don't exactly want you to get out of control Em."

"Oh, it's fine. That should do the trick right?" I stretched my arms above my head, the warmth going through me.

Lafayette Jeff, the man who somehow monopolized pretty much all of America but made it work, sat next to me and talked to me casually. Eventually, I lightened up and started to be myself. I was in a fancy club with the most famous person in the world, who was incredibly attractive, and thought I was cute. It was unreal.

"So why did you invite me to this room?" I asked, buzzed. "Why me out of all these people here?"

"You're cute," he said simply.

"There are plenty of other people who are cuter than me. Real answer."

He shrugged. "I don't know. There was something about you. You're magnetic."

I flattened my lips, not going to refute his answer. "Okay. Perhaps. So what do you want from me then Mr. Jeff?"

He smirked, and then gently held my chin in his fingers. He moved his head closer and put his lips on mine. It had been quite a while since I kissed someone, and this guy kissed pretty damn well. He clearly had a lot of experience. I leaned into him more, his warmth holding me. We made out slowly, our hands roaming each other's bodies. It felt so damn good to be touched again. He also knew what he was doing. When he went to take my shirt off I stopped him.

"Faye," I exhaled.

He chuckled, caught off guard by my pet name. "Yes, Emmy?" he asked.

"I am so not going to have sex with you in this club."