Chapter 18

I woke up to a pain coming from my back, and a loud banging noise. I sat up tiredly and opened my eyes to Lafayette running about the room putting on clothes. "Did you hit me?" I groaned.

"I accidentally tripped over you," he said quickly, buttoning his shirt. "Sorry but I have a meeting I have to go to and I'm running late." He slipped on his shoes quickly, running his hand through his messy hair. "Take the day off again alright? Just relax for today. Hang out with friends or family."

"Where's your meeting?" I asked.

"It's in Boston."

"Boston! What? How did I not know about this? I'm your assistant!"

He smirked, putting on his belt. "You know you're more than my assistant, Emmy."

"But how long will you be gone?" I asked. 

"I don't know. A few hours to all day. Who knows? I'll be back today though." He grabbed his briefcase and his coat. As he opened the door he said, "I'll see you later tonight, Em."

"Bye..." I said, holding the blanket.

That really wasn't the morning I was looking forward to. I mean, we stayed up all night until around five, so that technically was morning. It was only ten right now, and I kind of figured we'd wake up at eleven or noon and take the day off again, only for a little while maybe. Hell, I figured I could give him a blow job, too, but I guess not. He didn't even kiss me goodbye. He didn't even - Oh...he didn't even say he loved me last night. I mean, sometimes couples will do that. One won't be ready to say it, but now that I think about it - what am I to him now? Was it just a one night thing, or are we together? He said I was more than just his assistant, but that could mean anything.

I groaned and stood up, really not wanting to put any clothes on. I used the toilet, made some breakfast, and sat on the bed, flipping on the TV. I decided I'd call Alisha because I hadn't heard from her in a while and she was smart when it came to this type of stuff. She picked up the phone quickly, like usual, and she answered with, "Hi Em!"

"Hey," I replied with a sigh.

"What's up? You sound sad."

I sighed again. "I slept with Lafayette."

She gave a fangirl squeal. "No way!"

"Yeah. I did. And I think that's all that's gonna happen between us."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, last night was incredible, but this morning wasn't. He was running late for a meeting in Boston and he didn't kiss me goodbye or anything. He didn't mention last night or anything. I told him I loved him and he didn't say he loved me back, though." I started to cry, because I'm a puss.

"Oh, Em, be rational. He was running late. Then maybe he's just not ready to say the three words back, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be with you."