Chapter 24

I woke up without a headache thankfully, but the obnoxious alarm didn't help much. I forgot I told my boss I'd come in Saturday to help for a few hours. I turned off my alarm and clicked off the TV. I only got about five hours of sleep, so I was incredibly groggy. I skipped the shower and just put on some clothes and deodorant. The quicker I got to work then the quicker I could finish my tasks, come back home, and sleep. I grabbed my wallet and went downstairs and next door to the office. Thank god I lived so close.

I went into the office and found some guy randomly sitting on the couch and watching Daft Punk's Interstella 5555. I casually walked over to my desk and sat down in my chair. The guy didn't notice me, being too enthralled into the wonderful music video movie. That's when I realized who he was. He was Jeremy Dehart. He had been a junior when I was a freshman. He had been the golden boy. I always tried to avoid him because he reminded me of Kenneth. They even looked similar. Messy brown hair, big green eyes. He had definitely matured physically and was looking great. I looked away from him, though. He was just too similar. He was so similar, in fact, that he even came out as gay. He basically lived the life that Kenneth would have lived if he were alive. They were both gay and great athletes. Jeremy went on to be a successful football player in college, but he wanted to be a lawyer and so got a degree in that and was making lots of money. He was friends with Allan, and so that's why he was there.

"Morning Emerson," Mr. Shreve greeted, coming in from his office with Allan.

"Morning," I replied.

He handed some simple paperwork and I got started on it. He went back into his office and Allan plopped onto the couch with Jeremy.

"Em this is Jeremy. You remember him?" Allan asked.

"Sure," I said.

"Jeremy you remember Em right?"

Jeremy finally looked up at me, actually realizing I was there. "Oh yeah. I remember you." He sat up finally and stretched. "You worked for Lafayette Jeff right?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"That's who you worked for? Damn, why'd he fire you?" Allan asked.

"It wasn't a firing. It was just a one year job, but yeah. I worked for him."

"That's awesome. He's hot," Jeremy said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"People say he's gay. Did he ever come onto you."

Ha. "No. He is incredibly gorgeous, but no."

"Allan!" Mr. Shreve called.

"Coming Dad!" Allan replied, standing up and heading into the office.

"I totally forgot you were gay," Jeremy said.