She laughed, her long black hair falling over her shoulders. "No, it's okay. I just happen to have a lot of friends who come here. My boss, his boss, everyone that works for him."

"Wow, that's a really gay workplace. How do I get hired?"

She laughed again. I'm so good at making people laugh. "It's rather competitive, but my boss has already taken a liking to you anyway."

"Oh really? That Michael guy and Emilio guy said I was invited in here because their friend who owned the place liked me. It's not some creepy old guy is it?" I asked. The bartender set down a cocktail in front of me without saying anything.

"Oh no. I'm surprised you don't know who owns the place," she said. "Cocktails are on the house by the way."

"Cool." I took a sip. It tasted like birthday cake.

"My boss, who is like just one of my friends really, thinks you're cute."

"Okay, but let me guess. He just wants to sleep with me."

Carla shrugged. "He doesn't really fool around anymore. When he was younger he would do this, he would find an attractive young man or woman to come to him and have sex with, because nobody really wants to miss the chance to sleep with him. But, he hasn't done that in a long time. You must be really cute to him."

"Is he attractive?" I asked, sipping my birthday cake more.

She smirked. "He's very attractive. He was once voted sexiest man alive a few years ago. Would you like to meet him?"

"I mean, I don't want to sleep with him."

"You can still meet him."

I shrugged. "Well, if he's so sexy and famous I guess I should. Where is he?"

"He's in his private room."

I crossed my eyes. "Why does he have a private room in the private VIP room?"

"Well, it's actually a way he can leave the club without paparazzi seeing him."

I snorted. "Okay, I guess. Let's go."

Carla with the pretty black hair and smile led me through the crowd of shirtless and sweaty men, through the dim violet and red lights, through the vibrating speakers to a door all the way in the back. She pressed a little button on a keypad and Michael with the glasses answered.

"Hey Michael," Carla greeted. "Emerson and I wanted to come in and say hello."

"Oh perfect!" Michael exclaimed. His eyes were a bit more glassy and his large glass was almost empty. He seemed more fun when a little intoxicated. "Come in, my dears." He pushed open the door and we were a room that wasn't that extraordinary. It had a few couches, a big TV, and a bar. It kind of looked like a man cave.

"So where is this guy?" I asked.

"Probably taking a shit," Emilio said, from the couch, eating chips.

"Nonsense," Michael sang. "He is in the bathroom but he actually wants to meet you alone to make it less awkward since you pretty much don't know anyone." Michael nodded, reassuring himself.

Emilio groaned. "Fine, we all need to leave then. Come on babe." He grabbed Michael's arm and led him out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Carla asked.

"Yeah, I mean he's not gonna like...force me or anything is he?"

She shook her head. "No. I promise. He just doesn't want to overwhelm you."

"So, what does he want from me?" I put my hand on my hip. I was not ready to sleep with some celebrity, and in reality why would someone who could get whoever he want want me?