{Chapter 22: Finding Mother}

Nate's POV

I stared at Mason and Jacob's touching moment as I tried not to tear up. Matt was already there and sobbing with a smile on his face as he hugged me.

"What did you tell Jacob about us and Mason?" I whispered to Matt, trying to keep my voice quiet.

"What he needed to hear." Matt said, whispering the rest in my ear.

I nodded and smiled as Matt looked at me.

"I didn't want Jacob thinking Mason was evil, because he's not. Just look at that," Matt said, pointing over to the emotional brothers. "That. That is the real Mason. The one who loves his brother so much that he'd be willing to suffer as a wandering spirit forever just so he could give Jacob a second chance at life."

"You don't have to convince me Matt," I said wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "I just wish Mason had come to us like he did in your version of the story. I would have been happy to help."

"I knew you'd say that." Matt said, resting his head on my arm as we continued to watch the two brothers' reunion.

"I wish I'd come to you both right away too." Mason's voice rang in our heads. "Don't worry, Jacob can't hear me, I'm using our thoughts. I can't thank you both enough for all that you've done for me. You've forgiven me even after I was a heartless monster who completely ruined your lives. I had no regard for you at all yet, you still helped me and wanted me to see my brother again. You even protected his image of me and I will forever be in your debt. I can't possibly thank you both enough for all that you've done for me, but I want you to know just how grateful I am to have been shown mercy by you both. Thank you so much."

The both of us just nodded as Mason stood up with his brother in his arms.

"Mason," I asked, getting Mason to turn around and look at me. "Now that you're in a human form, what is it that you want to do before you pass on? You never did tell us."

Matt and I knew that Mason's original plan was to keep our bodies forever and pretend to be us, and eventually get bodies for all of the children who had been victims of Afton, but... now that that wasn't happening, what is it that he really wanted to do?

"I want to visit my mother's grave and bring her to the light with us." Mason said, shocking Matt and I.

"Your mother?" Matt said, "but, why would she be dead?"

Mason's face grew grim but he managed to keep his calm and explain.

"When Mr. Afton had killed Jacob," he began, holding back tears. "I wanted to go to her and see if she was alright or if she knew what had happened. But, I was tied to the restaurant. I could only go so far away from the premises. So I waited, hoping that she would stop by the pizzeria to see if she would try to find Jacob. She eventually did but... Afton got to her first. He told her to leave the grounds because she was a "filthy street walker" and that she "didn't belong here." She begged him to tell her where he had sent the both of us after he had supposedly "banished" us from the grounds, but he wouldn't let up. He berated her for sending her sons here to "beg" for scraps and told her she was an awful excuse for a mother. She was so hurt that she ran back to our house and I never saw her again."

Mason, Jacob and Matt were crying as I felt tears trickle down my face too.

"I-I was waiting t-to see if she would walk by here agin but... she n-never did." He said, struggling to voice his words. "A w-week after that...I saw in the p-paper that our mother h-had died by drowning in the l-lake near the restaurant... I d-don't know if she killed herself or if s-something else happened but... her body is b-buried in the graveyard a mile fr-from the restaurant."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Matt asked, stepping forward. "Let's go now."

"How?" Jacob asked, holding on to Mason as he tried to calm himself down.

"We're spirits now," I said, a grin forming on my face as I wiped my tears. "Now we're the ones with the supernatural powers."

©Forever_In_A_Fantasy
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello Mystical Creatures!

How about THAT for a twist, huh!?

So I lied, there will be one more chapter before the epilogue. My final chapter was too long to fit all in one. I'm still adding the finishing touches to it so there could end up being more...who knows!? Lol!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I really liked how it turned out! Can't wait for you to read the next one!

Also, COOL NEWS! I am currently planning and writing another book for you all. It will be another NatePat book, but it will have a very cool and original plot! I don't know when the first chapter will be out because I'm still constructing the plot, but it's turning out soooo good already! Read my "Random Book" to hear more updates about the new book!

But until then, look forward to the next chapter!

Stay 'Magical' my Mystical Creatures!

~ Elenora ~ Forever_In_A_Fantasy ~