{Chapter 13: ...and Winding Away}

Matt's POV

"We're back! Revamped! The madness never ends!..." The chorus began once again as I felt Natemare's hands roughly grab me and throw me around again.

I tried everything in my power to beak free of his strong grip and the ropes, but It was just no use.

"...and you're running out of power, leave you MANGLED and WINDING AWAY!"

Natemare ripped off my blindfold on the word 'mangled' and I could finally see. I was still in the basement, but the whole room had been coated in a thick white fog and lights were now shining down on the spot we were in.

Natemare kept lip-syncing to the song as he jerked me around and kept grabbing and petting me creepily. I was slowly getting more and more panicked at his movements and terrifying faces. I desperately tried to give signals to the camera in hopes that someone would recognize that this was not a skit and that I really was in danger.

Once the main chorus came on again, I locked eyes with Natemare and pleaded with my eyes for him to please stop. My heart was pounding with fear and I felt like a panic attack was about to start. Natemare just smirked at me and proceeded to yank my head back, out of nowhere and very violently, and continued lip syncing in my ear.

I started wriggling around again as Natemare leaned out of frame again. He rubbed my back 'soothingly', saying creepy phases of 'comfort' as he grabbed something from the floor. My eyes widened as I saw the sharp knife he now had in his hand and I screamed into the gag. Natemare kept on smiling, keeping the knife out of view of the camera but holding it to my lower back, trying to bring out a bigger reaction from me.

Something shifted in my body as my pulse raced and cold sweat traveled down my back. Tears pooled in my eyes as I began openly sobbing again. I couldn't catch my breath as I shrieked in desperation into the gag...my panic attack had begun full force.

My mind was fuzzy, I could barely comprehend what Natemare was doing anymore. He had yanked my head back again and was whispering in my ear. But this time he actually said the words, "leave you MANGLED and WINDING AWAY!" as he threw my head forward and openly laughed at me.

My body had begun to shake as I heard him shut the music off. I could barely breathe because of the gag and I felt so claustrophobic from the ropes.

"Why I think that turned out just splendidly Matthew," Natemare began, still twirling the knife around as he approached me again.

I could barely hear him over the pounding of my heart. I kept letting out small squeals of fright as I kept trying to get free.

"Oh calm down would you!" Natemare yelled, shoving my shoulder into the chair as he paced around me. "You're such a baby!"

He walked closer to me as I let out a blood curdling shriek that could be heard pretty loudly despite the gag trying to block out the sounds I made.

Natemare's eyes widened in what looked like shock, tinted with a bit of concern.

"Matthew, what's wrong with you?" he asked coming closer to me and reaching out a hand to put on my shoulder.

I screamed again and desperately tried to get away from him. My face felt hot and my chest felt so tight as my panic continued to rise. If I didn't calm down soon I was going to pass out!

"W-what's happening to him!?" Natemare screamed aloud. He paused as if listening to someone talking to him.

"He's what now!?" he said again, pausing between each sentence, talking to himself. "...Panic disorder? What do you mean?.......Oh come on, this is nothing........Well what do you recommend I do!?.......Oh no, like I'm gonna fall for that. I'll just try to calm him myself!"

Natemare came closer and started rubbing my back and telling me to relax again, but this time he was actually trying to calm me. I screamed and started to cry again, tears streaming down my face and I kept trying to breathe in and out. Finally he sighed, stepping away from me.

"Fine!" He yelled again, throwing up his hands and dropping the knife, letting it clatter to floor as I jumped again. "I'll let you back for a small while. Don't try anything funny or Matt gets it, got it Nathan!?"

I slowed my movements at the sound of Nate's name. Was he...talking to Nate? Could Nate somehow still see and hear what was going on? I couldn't control my shaking and breathing, but I managed to look up at Natemare as I saw his face shift.

His entire body shook violently as the tear streaks and blackness faded from his face. His eyes were closed and his mouth was shut in a tight grimace as he fell to his knees. Then he stopped, his whole body relaxing as he breathed heavily. When he raised his head, I saw him look at me with pure shock and remorse.

"M-Matt..." he said, getting up and slowly walking towards me. I freaked out again, trying to get away from him.

"What is this!? Is this some sort of trick!?" I thought as he got down on his knees and slowly made his way over to me.

"N-no, Matt, it's gonna be ok." he said calmly, keeping his hands up. "I'm not Mas-Natemare. It's me, Nate, I'm back."

©Forever_In_A_Fantasy
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello Mystical Creatures!

Cliff hanger!

Muhahahaha! I'm so evil sometimes...lol!

Anyway, Nate's back! I haven't been giving Nate enough 'POV's' lately so next chapter will most likely be all him!

What did you all think this time? Mason clearly was freaked out my Matt's panic attack. I based a lot of Matt's reactions on my own experience with panic disorder, so a lot of what Matt was doing has actually happened to me in real life. Anxiety is a really pain sometimes.

Luckily Nate is now there to help Matt...for now....muhahahaha! Let me know in the comments below if you think Nate will be able to keep control this time around!

Thanks so much for reading everyone!

Stay 'Magical' my Mystical Creatures!

~ Elenora ~ Forever_In_A_Fantasy ~