{Chapter 5: It's Only A Nightmare...}

Matt's POV

Nate had fallen asleep in the car, snoring peacefully.

I continued to drive the last few miles to our hotel. As I did, I began to hear Nate mumble in his sleep.

"N-no, please d-don't hurt me!" Nate said, squirming in his seat. "I don't wanna go in that room! P-please...w-wait, why d-do you h-have a knife?"

I began to worry as Nate's nightmare got worse. I tried to shake him awake, but he just kept writhing around in his seat.

I pulled over to the side of the road as Nate began screaming.

"No! Please no! Don't kill me! Please!" Nate shrieked, desperately trying to fight off his nightmare attacker. "Ah! Please stop! No!"

"Nate!" I screamed, shaking him as hard as I could. "Wake up! You're having a nightmare! Please, wake up!"

Nate bolted upright, breathing heavily as he started to take in his surroundings.

His eyes fell on me and he instantly grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, sobbing into my shoulder.

"Hey now," I shushed him, trying to quite his sobs. "It's alright, it was just a nightmare. You're ok."

Nate kept shaking and crying as I tried to console him.

After about 10 minutes, Nate had finally calmed down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked, looking into Nate's eyes.

Nate looked down, avoiding eye contact with me.

Nate's POV

Matt kept trying to look me in the eyes.

I didn't wanna look up because I knew I would spill my guts to him the minute I did.

"Tell him anything and I'll make you regret it!" the voice said, making me shiver.

"Nate?" Matt questioned again.

"It was just a silly nightmare about one of the animatronics chasing me." I lied, still not looking in Matt's eyes.

"Just a silly nightmare?" Matt said. "Nate, you had a full blown panic attack. That's not silly."

Matt rubbed my back as I tried to think up another excuse.

"Tell him that you'll talk about it later." the voice hissed again.

"Matt," I said hesitantly. "C-can we talk about it later? I don't really w-wanna relive that right now."

Matt smiled at me, pulling me in for a side hug.

"Oh course Nate," he said, putting the car back into drive. "Take all the time you need."

I settled back in my seat.

"Very good Nathan." the thing cooed. "It seems you're rather good at following instructions."

"Please, who are you...what are you?" I asked it.

The thing chuckled in my head.

"Who I am is none of your concern Nathan." it said. "And I'm nothing but a figment of your imagination...for now."

"For now?" I asked, concerned with whatever it was this thing intended to do.

The nightmare he showed me was still fresh in my mind: me as a small boy outside of a pizzeria getting murdered by a man in a Golden Bonnie suit.

I knew this voice had to be related to the dream...I just didn't know how yet.

"Aw, did you not like my little memory I showed you?" the thing taunted.

I ignored the voice, trying to go back to sleep.

"Yes Nathan, sleep." it purred. "Sleep while you still can. Because, well, it's as you wrote in your song. 'It's only a nightmare...but soon I'LL be set free!'"

©Forever_In_A_Fantasy
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello Mystical Creatures!

Ya like what I did there? Nate's song 'Nightmare' is my FAVORITE song from him! Well, besides 'Enjoy The Show' of course!

Things are starting to get scary in Nate's mind. I wonder what the 'voice' will do?

Stay 'Magical' my Mystical Creatures!

~ Elenora ~ Forever_In_A_Fantasy ~